Our Zoë is one tough cookie! She got a splinter in the palm of her hand in Disney World (over a month ago!) and it started bugging her two Sundays ago. We tried our best to 'fix it' over this past week, but we had no luck. We decided a trip to the ER was in order, so this past Sunday that's what we did. We were then treated to a trip to the hand doctor yesterday where it was decided that the best thing to do would be to put her to sleep and clean her hand out. The first thing we did was arrange for her dad and our friend, Dustin, give her a blessing so she would feel more at ease about what was going to happen.
This morning Grandma Johnson met us at the surgery center bright and early for the surgery. They ended up fishing out a 1 inch piece of wood from the palm of her hand. She never once said it hurt - ever! She would only say that it was itchy. We are so thankful for priesthood blessings and for all of the doctors and nurses who were so good to her! She is already feeling better and she in now only stressing out about how she is going to write at school next week. It should prove to be an interesting week or two at our house!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Tough Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
what a trooper! Hope she's feeling better!
AAHHHHH!!! Poor Zoe I hate splinters. Sorry I didn't call you back last night. I was trying to pack Matt up for his 4 week long trip. I stayed home. So is her hand in a cast or just bandaged.
Hey girl! How funny you found me. Maybe we can keep in touch through blogs!!
Hope Zoe is feeling better!!
Poor Girl! I love that you have a blog. I found you from Ambers! Great pics!! Gonna add you to ours!
Hey Zoe I miss you. I hope that you are feeling better. Make sure to milk the surgery thing for all that you can. Aunt Debbie will wait on you. your blog is cute
Hey, Cuz! I found your blog through Carla's. You'll have to check out mine so that you can keep in touch with your SC family! Take care! Shannon
Hey Leslie! So glad you are blogging. Hope Zoe fells better soon!
Hi Leslie! I'm so glad you fell upon our blog, it's so fun to keep in touch this way. If you need help with anything, let me know, I'm not an expert but I know a little bit! I found Belinda's on the Dixon's blog too.
Sweet blog. We'll be checking back often. --Andrew
Go Leslie! So glad you started a blog! If you need any pointers on setting it up let me know. Your Disney World trip sounds divine. Was it just the 4 of you?
Hey Leslie - so good to hear from you. it will be fun to keep tabs on each other with our blogs!
Post a Comment