We've been pretty busy since our last post! The kids are back to school after track break, Zoë got the stitches out of her hand (there ended up being 3), and we enjoyed a wonderful General Conference last weekend (I guess two weekends ago - wow I'm really behind). This past weekend began with baptisms at the temple followed by Cheesecake Factory (way too late, but still yummy). I finally caught the most recent episodes of the Office and Ron & Big, too. Not too shabby for a Friday night! This past Saturday we attended the Nelson family reunion and had a great time. I didn't feel very good toward the end so we ended up leaving a little early, but we had a good time.
I stressed out all week last week about what to include in my sharing time this past Sunday and I finally decided to talk a little bit about forgiveness and then focused the rest of the time on learning as much as we could about President Monson's life. I think I made an OK choice - at least I got something out of it. I have many faults, and forgiving people for hurting me or a loved one is one of the hardest things for me to do. I am so quick to defend and strike back, and not in the most loving way either. And I hold grudges - I am awful at that.
ANYWAYS - President Monson has led such a great life. He was a very young Bishop - 22 - and I thought I had a young bishop(ric)! (But my bishopric does rock - seriously!) Moving on - he became a General Authority at 36, that's not much older than I am now. His favorite color is yellow. His mother was a huge example to him in his life and taught him much about serving others. And he is so funny. I don't think I have ever laughed for that long during General Conference! I tend to believe that he must have raised his kids in a funny home - I like that. If you know Brad, you know he is funny. I don't mean just 'ha ha' funny - he is so quick on his feet and so sarcastic - and I love that my kids are just like him! They are quick to laugh, joke and poke fun at each other, and that makes me happy.
Anyhow - this is not a witty or exciting post, but this is as exciting as I get! I'll take pics of the fight night this Saturday - now that will be exciting! Go GSP!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like your sharing time went great. it always seems whatever lesson or talk im doind i always get more out of it. :)
your comments about pres. monson are so true. i love his humor.
i bet your house is always filled with fun. i could never keep a atraight face around your family or the johnson family. :)
Hey, I'm in primary too. We should share ideas sometime.
I loved President Monson's remarks as well - we were cracking up when he was talking about how his wife said not to touch any appliances!
Brad is funny - you both are! When we all get together with you guys and Winders I laugh so hard all night!! We need to do it again sometime soon :)
Heidi,
Next time we'll do it at our house. I don't think you have ever been to our house! We always end up at Gary & Michelle's. A BBQ sounds yummy - sometime sooner than later. Let's see what's coming up.....
My 11 yr wedding anniversary on 4/19
Father's & Sons in May
Quarterly primary act in June
My kids b-days in June & July
Scout Camp in July
Brad working long days, 6 days a week as soon as the temp hits 90, which is anytime now....
Early June might work - that's an idea..... :) I'll keep it in mind!
Les
Post a Comment