Brad & I celebrated our 11 year wedding anniversary on April 19th. It is wonderful being married to your best friend! We spent some time looking back on the last 11 years we have spent together and were very humbled at how far we have come in such a short time. We have seen each other grow through various church callings, the births of our children & many other experiences. We are very lucky to have the family and friends that we have as well. Without you all we would not be where we are today. We love you!
We also did other stuff this weekend that had absolutely nothing to do with our anniversary. Friday was Field Day for Zoë and I volunteered to help out. It was great and the weather was very cooperative. Trevor had a T-ball game on Saturday morning, Zoë attended a birthday party at Chucky Cheese Saturday afternoon, then it was time for FIGHT NIGHT! We had a blast, as usual. All the regulars were there - our family, Brent & Camille and their kids, Layne & Angela and their kids, Lance & Mindi and their kids, Dave Denton, Dustin & Leah, Dave & Karla, and new to the group was Johnny & Stephanie Johnson. We had a great time and ate some yummy food.
All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better anniversary weekend!
Zoë at Field Day
T-Ball game
Jax is chillin on my lap - he wouldn't stop barking at the other dogs there!

Trevor taking a swing!
FIGHT NIGHT!
I think I surprised Dave when I took this picture! Brad, Ang, Camille & Brent were ready with their best smiles! I think my flash woke Zane up.
Dustin & Leah are such cheesers! Johnny was really into this fight (or was it between rounds? For some reason he couldn't take his eyes off the screen then - hmmmm) - and why is Stephanie hiding? I wonder what Brent & Dave are laughing about......
This was right before the main event - Serra vs. St. Pierre. (This is the back of Brad's head and a side view of Karla.) Everyone wanted GSP (St. Pierre) to win, even though he is Canadian and Serra is from the USA. The fight was in Montreal, CAN so it's nice that GSP won. It was great - he won by TKO in the 2nd round. We had some really good fights this time. The first fight on the card was pretty bloody (sorry Camille & Steph!) but we didn't see much blood after that, at least not much compared to the first fight!
Jax wouldn't leave Johnny alone. Sorry Johnny! Please come back to my house again!
Susie kept us entertained between fights with Hannah Montana songs.
14 comments:
Sorry I don't know how I deleted that last comment! Anywho, WOW 11 years has gone by sooo fast I can't even believe it! Crazy to think that Jeff and I are in our
6th year!! I decided that I want the big Pear Garden! Love ya TTYL
Happy anniversary, LOVE BIRDS!!
That was so sweet!
OK I commented and then you did the rest of your post so i'm commenting again!!
Field day... SO MUCH FUN! I'm going to do it again next year.
I just LOVE fight night!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Love the food, love the company, love the spandex(hear what I'm sayin' ladies?) Yeah that's what I'm talkin' bout! And especially LOVE chillin' with The Johnsons!! All y'all!!!
OK Lenzi. I'm turning in my order tomorrow so I'll call you sometime and get your payment info. TTYL
I couldn't agree more (about the spandex) girlfriend! And about everything else, too, but especially about the spandex! Luv ya! See you tomorrow.... Les
Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a nice weekend. And what is all this talk about spandex??? And these fun fight parties??
Happy Anniversary you two! I remember going to your wedding reception. We celebrate number 12 on May 11th. Crazy how fast those years have flown by....
ok.. lisas address is thestirlingclan.blogspot.com.. And GSP and his spandex bug the crap outta me! There is just something about him that just irks me the wrong way, even though I am glad he won.. his accent makes me wanna hit him! The dislike all started for me when matt hughes won a fight and Joe Rogan asked GSP in the audience what he thought (Since him and Hughes were gonna fight) and he said (in his GAY accent) " Ummm.. that win just didn't impress me very much" ha what an idiot cause then Hughes kicked his but!!
Oh and PS.. she looked so stinkin cute on Field Day! I remember those at CC Ronnow!
Happy anniversary, I can't believe how fast time flies when you are married. looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend. Hey, how do you know Dave Denton? The Dentons were in Joeys ward growing up, we have known them forever!
I'm still mad that Troy Ormonde beat me in the softball throw during field day for 6th graders at CC Ronnow. Sorry sap... I guarONtee you homey was on steroids. --Andrew
Happy Anniversary! Leslie - macy has a heart murmur I'm suppose to take her in maybe I'll see you soon
Despite all reservations I had about the fights, I really did have a lot of fun, thanks for inviting us. Your dog is so super cute, I have been thinking of growing Cody's hair out because of how cute Jax is.
Post a Comment