It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, October 31, 2008

One Spooktacular Day!

After dinner at Dora's (a Johnson family Halloween tradition) we headed home to freshen up before heading out to canvas the neighborhood for some spooky treats. We had a good time. Happy Halloween!

Sharpay, Darth Vader & our Bumblebee
Goofy kids....and one unhappy bee
Nice. This is how we roll in our neighborhood.
Jax doesn't like this hat. He's pouting.
Good vs. evil, or a picture of things to come? T-Bone & Paige strike a pose.
Two little bumblebees - Madison & JaxThe kids had a ton of candy to sort through. They got to pick out 20 of their favorite treats to keep. They're sitting out front on the park bench together right now giving out what was left. They think it was their idea to give away their candy so we didn't have to insist on it like I thought we would. That makes me happy. I'm also happy about not having a bunch of candy hangin' around the house! With our luck the dog would get a hold if it.

9 comments:

Lenzi said...

Sharpay rocks, that is so totally Zoe! Darth Vador costume..majorlly cool Trev! And how cute is Jax the bumblebee! Looks like you guys had fun.. I will post our halloween week tomorrow.. JJ had so much fun tonight, he said 'trick or treat' and then 'thank you' at every door.. so funny!

Amber said...

I love that they were giving away their candy. Great idea!! Looks like a fun night. We had fun today at the park with you guys!

Tiffany said...

I love the idea of letting them choose a certain amount of candy to keep. Evan is still little enough that I can control his candy eating, but I will be using that trick down the road!

Leah said...

Cute kiddos! You got some great pics! Happy Halloween Johnsons!

Gary and Michelle said...

I love how serious their faces look as they're picking out the candy. Way cute costumes and my neighbors loved Jaxs!

Steph said...

I love it! Do you remember my parents wouldn't let us keep any of our candy either, however they did pay us for it. I do the same with my kids too :) Ahhh traditions:)

Johnsons & Johnsons said...

Cute pic's! Halloween is so fun! I love to see the kids in their costumes~

Heidi said...

We had a Sharpay in our house too but I couldn't get Taylor to wear those pink glasses! Glad you guys had a fun Halloween!

BJ & Tauna said...

so cute. they have grown. Tauna Faulkner
our blog is
bjandtauna.blogspot.com