Today was one of those days that starts out as a lazy day and ends up being one of the most productive, but fun. Of course after enjoying PF Changs last night I couldn't help but wake up in a good mood! We got so much done - when I say we, I mean all 4 of us!
- We watched both sessions of conference, well most of it anyways.
- Got some interior decorating done. Brad & I bought some stuff last night at Pier One and had fun putting it together last night and today...a new vase, more flowers for our sparse vases, a mirror, a new big bulky frame, accents for the vases (ok -sticks & grass..), and a really cool sign.
- Hung the mirror & sign, decided to change the 'theme' of the front room buffet from a bunch of pictures to just a vase, candle & two pictures. We love it. We all went antique shopping a few times over the last month or so and have found some cool things. Hung the sign & mirror,too. Found homes for all of the pictures from the buffet.
- Scrubbed the truck....there were smudgy fingerprints everywhere on the seats & windows. I love leather seats.
- I watched Zoë run on the treadmill for almost 45 minutes. I decided that counted as my exercise today.
- Helped the kids get on their boxing gear and laughed my head off watching them go at it in the garage and front yard. I think the garbage men think it was some warped form of child abuse. It's pure entertainment! Trevor threw in the towel and Zoë wouldn't stop even after he got his gear off, in a tiff I might add. He was mad that she kept stepping on his bare feet with her tennis shoes, at least that was his reason for quitting.
- Picked up dog poop, pulled weeds & got the back yard mowed & the porch and driveway(s) swept & cleaned.
- Conditioned & brushed the dog.
- Ate Sonic for lunch. I never said everything we did today was productive.
- Changed all of the light bulbs in the hallway, front entrance and front porch.
- 'Rotated' the area rug in the front room. Yes, the dog had a good time with the part that is now under the couch.
- Got all decorated for the fall season!
- Got the house scrubbed - literally. Every inch of it. Trevor kept asking us why we clean the house 'all the time'. I finally told him that one of these days I'll take him to a couple of houses that I know don't get cleaned nearly as often as ours does and let him see what he could be living in. That gave him something to think about. And yes - we are OCD about a clean house. There are much worse habits to have people!
- We went to dinner with my little sis Lenzi and her son JJ. Dora's of course! It was so yummy. It was great to see all of the Hafen girls there! :)
- Got this months Ensign all read - WOW. There are some great things in there. I teared up more than a couple of times.
- The kids just went to Zoë's bedroom to watch a movie together. I'm sure I'll find Trevor asleep and will have to drag him to his own bed. It's a good thing he won't remember one thing about it. I love that they are such good friends underneath all of the brother/sister crap.
- I got this post done! I was way too lazy to write about Disneyland after I got that slide show done. I only have so many brain cells to waste on blogging!
6 comments:
I love days like that when you get so much stuff done around the house. I love the boxing glove story. That is funny!
I LOVE days like those! Anything that is productive...those are the best!
I think I may have you a candle order! I'll call you!
Dang, girl. You put me to shame! I love the part about taking Trevor to see some dirty houses. Can you imagine what he might accidentally say to the people about why you're there? FUNNY!
UM pictures please of the new home decor stuff! Gotta see it...
Yeah, I had big productive plans for my conference weekend but alas with sick kids and then a sick husband they never materialized. I'm glad someone got alot of stuff done though - that's awesome!!
I am tired just reading about all you did, you guys are amazing! I too love that feeling of accomplishment, it's way better than at the end of the day and realizing all we did was watch tv...that sucks!
Post a Comment