It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some things on my mind ....

* Thank you if you left a memory of Brad or I on our last post. I have laughed so hard reading them! I have so many responses that I had no idea where to start, but I'll get around to it - keep checking back in. :)

* I know some of you read my blog but you NEVER COMMENT! Please comment! I need to know people really do care enough about my family to read about us!

* If you do comment on my blog, but you don't have a blog yourself - get one! I love to read about what everyone is up to!

* I have a dirty hand print on my mirror in my bathroom. It's Trevors. It's been there for at least 2 weeks. I can't bring myself to clean that part of my mirror. I'm amazed Brad hasn't wiped it off, but I think he knows it would bring me to tears if he did - I've cleaned around it at least 10 times. I tried to post a picture of it but the flash was really intense. That and I was ashamed to see how dirty it really was.

* I am gettin old & clumsy. I fell and hurt my back - pulled a muscle I think. I am not looking forward to sitting on an airplane for 5 hours (x 2) in the near future. Any advice? (or drugs for sell?....JK, but not really!)

* I don't feel bad about missing church on Sunday. Is that bad?

* I have gotten (I don't think that's a word, but it is to me now!) really lazy about blogging. I love reading other people's blogs more than I care to admit, so I just don't have that much time to post! Who else understands this?

* I have to tell all you stay at home Mom's that you are the strongest people I know. I stayed home for two days in a row this week and I think I had more than one anxiety attack - to clarify I had at least one attack per day.

* Karley's surgery went really well today. I swear - I worry about some kids just like I worry about my own.

* I vowed to be more involved in the PTA this next school year. My friend, Cindi, is our President and I made her promise to bug me about it. Why did I do that again?

* I will have both kids in school all day long in a matter of weeks, so why do I feel overwhelmed at that thought?!?!

* I am starting to love Cub Scouts - and I can't believe I just typed that! I really am losing it.

9 comments:

Amber said...

I'm surprised that Brad hasn't cleaned that part of the mirror! But I see what your saying. They grow up so fast!

I can't believe that both your kids will be in school all day. Can you volunteer in the PTA for me too? Then I won't feel bad?

Mandy said...

i made my blog private and i dont think i have your email address. send it my way so i can invite you. :)
mandymoo515hotmail.com

i also love reading about your family. ill try and bump up my comments for you! :)

Gary and Michelle said...

Are you trying to make me feel guilty about not having a blog? Well it won't work. O.K. Maybe it will. But right now I've got to many other things going on. Like I have to speak in church on Sunday which you are going to miss. (I don't really feel bad about that!) Maybe when you get back I'll have you and Leah sit me down and explain how all this stuff works. Have fun in New York!

Brad and Leslie said...

Amber - I will absolutely work on your behalf. I will be calling you tomorrow to talk a little bit..not about PTA. :)

Mandy - just when I thought you didn't love me you left me a comment! I love reading your blog, but I'm bad about leaving comments, too. I'll better if you will be...I'll e-mail you sometime soon.

Michelle - glad to know the guilt trip worked. I'll be happy to 'blog train' you! It's fun - be prepare to be addicted, at least for the first little while! Have fun speaking on Sunday. Did I already mention that I don't feel bad that I won't be here? :) JK - I am happy I'm not as psycho as some of our teachers! (Please refer to our phone conversation from earlier!)

Lenzi said...

I love to read your blog! Hello, I get to see pics of my cute niece and nephew and even though I talk to you pretty much every day, unless Im in stalking mode and it's twice, I still love to read all about your lives! I need to do a "things on my mind" blog...maybe I could get some things out once and for all if I just type them :)

Lenzi said...

Oh and in reference to our phone convo yesterday..I very reluctanly picked up something to read in hopes of feeling a little better...Of all things to pick up, I picked up the Joseph Smith book we are learning from in Relief Society and Preisthood this year and read the lesson for next week. I came across a quote by the Prophet:
"For all things must be done in order, and by common consent of the church, by the prayer of faith"

Substitute "marriage" ot "each other" for church.....
Needless to say, thank you for the sisterly advise.Love you!

Heidi said...

Great post - I agree with you on so many points. I also hate it when people don't leave a comment, I need validation!! And staying at home with kids is no picnic, especially during the summer. I think I lose it about 5 times a day - can't wait for school to start again for my own sanity.

Can't wait to hear all about New York :)

Heidi said...

Leslie: can you email me with Tiffany's email (if you have it)? I need to ask her a quarshtyun (I wrote it like Coach January would pronounce it). :) --Andrew

steph j. said...

You are so funny...some advice...go get an ink pad and take his hand print and put it on a paper and hang it on the wall or somethin'! Don't feel bad about your staying home and losing it; it happens to all of us. I didn't know you were going to New York, have fun! If you run into Sarah Jessica Parker, tell her "Hi" for me.