It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

6 years old!

Happy Birthday Trevor!

Trevor is growing up so fast. He is 6 years old today! Trevor has so many good qualities and we love every one of them. Here are some of our memories of Trevor from this last year - enjoy!


First day of Kindergarten
(Whose the genius in the background? - "How does I work my cam-er-uh?" We love you Dusty!)

Giving sissy a 'muhshhage' after a day of walking around Disneyland Swinging last summer in our backyard Garsch! Newport Beach - 2007
Right back atcha!
Handyman or future Chipendales dancer?
T-Bone has always loved horses
Trevor has a great sense of humor. Here are some things he has said or done.

* Brad asked him what kind of Dad he was going to be and he said "When I'm older, my name's gonna be Bob." ok.......

* Leslie was driving the kids around recently and was listening to a radio talk show. The talk show host was making fun of county workers, and government workers in general. He said something like "They just sit around in their cars drinking coffee for an hour and collect a hundred bucks!" Trevor piped up and said "Mom, why don't you drink coffee so we can get a hundred bucks?" If he only knew how tempting that offer really is, even without the money.

* Trevor has a thing about scotch tape - more like an all out fettish. Give him tape, blank paper, some pencils and a pair of kid scissors and you won't hear from him for hours. Just rest up - you'll need to conserve energy for clean-up.

* Overall Trev is a very shy little boy. He doesn't like big crowds unless he knows everyone and does not get very excited when it comes time to give the talk or say the prayer in Primary, but he still does it!

* Next time you see him, ask him this question: "Are you a tough guy or a Mama's boy?" He'll tell you he's a tough Mama's boy. He will ALWAYS be a Mama's boy!

* He doesn't settle down to go to sleep without a kiss from both Mom & Dad. He tells Mom every night "Too bad for Dad - you're staying in here with me tonight!" He's usually ok with me telling him that I sleep in my own bed, but tonight he said "But it's my birthday!" I almost found myself giving in, but remembered that I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow - oh well.

I could go on and on and on, but I won't. We love Trevor so much and think he is one awesome kid!



4 comments:

Steph said...

He is so cute! IMy boy turned six this year too, and when he started telling me about his plans for his birthday nextyear when he turns 7, I about fell over. 7 seems like such a big number! Enjoy your little man!

Lenzi said...

He's so friggin cute! And as far as the handy man comment.. Im thinkin Chippendale dancer! OW baby! Love him :)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!

Kim said...

What a CUTE Kid! I love how he picked up on the coffee drinking money making county workers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR!!!!