It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Saturday is a special day....

it was the day of Zoë's baptism! It was really nice. Zoë had so many family, friends & ward members come out to support her - thank you so much to everyone that attended her baptism and confirmation! She was baptized in a dress that her Aunt Debbie made for her girls to be baptized in, so it was nice to have that sentimental touch to the day - thank you Debbie! Thank you for all of the baptism gifts, too - not at all necessary, but very much appreciated!

We sat down last night and wrote down every single person's name who attended the baptism so that Zoë would always remember there are always people around her who love her. The day would have probably been really stressful under normal circumstances, but we seemed to have a really nice spirit in our home yesterday, one that no amount of stress could penetrate. Even the fact that Leslie was assigned to speak at the baptism didn't even seem to be a worry - she just winged it (as I'm sure everyone there could tell!). Oh well - that's what they get for asking parents to speak at their own kids' baptism!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone again. It really was a great (long and really HOT) day!


10 comments:

Lenzi said...

Im so glad that we were able to make it down for her special day! And you are right, it was a friggin hot day!! Too bad we couldnt have stayed longer to see forrest dominate!

Leah and Dustin said...

Zoe's baptism was sweet! I love her enthusiasm for the gospel!
She was so cute how she just marched right up there when they announced her baptism in sacrament.You could just feel her excitement!!! Congrats again Zoe, we love you!

Heidi said...

Sounds like everything went well this weekend and you've had a fun and busy last few days!!! Congratulations to Zoe and I'm glad you found a dress! We need to see pictures!

Suzanne said...

How exciting for Zoe....where are the adorable pictures that I am sure you took! :)

Suzanne

Lenzi said...

Jeff probably wont get home until 730 or so, but i think the movie starts around then...I will email you my background right now :) See you tonight!

Amber said...

Sounds like Zoe's baptism was nice. What a special day. And you are so good for helping her write everything down. She will want to always remember who was there.

Heidi said...

It must have been so special to see her get baptized! Congratulations!

Heier's said...

Congratulations Zoe! I love her so much and I am so grateful we were able to be there for her special day! She is an amazing girl! I love being around her!

Campbells in OK said...

Better hurry...add us to your blog list. Check us out before Ronnie makes me change the title pic. :)

Matt & Ali said...

YEA!!!! Congrats Zoe! That is so neat! And no I am still alive barley. Exhausted and ready for a full day of rest. I am in Nampa, ID at the moment and will be headed to Farmington, NM this afternoon. I will be home on Monday!!!
Miss you