It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless the USA!

My kids love this song. They know every single word of it. They learned it at school and sing it quite often at their Friday morning flag ceremony. I think it has taught them a lot about patriotism.

I love my country and everything that is stands for. Growing up my ward had a 4th of July breakfast every year. It was always way early in the morning, like 7:00 am or even earlier - rediculous I thought. I would always moan and groan when my Dad yanked me out of bed and reminded me that I had to go - the Ward Children's Choir always sang at this breakfast and I had to fulfill that committment. We usually sang 'Nifty, Thrifty United States!' or some other patriotic song. (Check out Belinda's blog - she has the words to one of the other ongs on a post she did today.) I always ended up having fun at this yearly event, but I don't think I ever really appreciated the USA and what it stands for as a kid. Well, now I do!

Thank you to all of you who have ever served our country and protecting our freedoms! Because of you I get to say whatever I want on this blog whenever I want! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Independence Day. We're off to start our fireworks!

God Bless the USA!

2 comments:

steph j. said...

I just caught up on all your posts that I've missed while I've been a blog slacker. Your kids are so dang cute and Zoe is a little you! I don't remember the forth of July breakfast...maybe we never went. I loves reading all of the fun things about your son and all of the cute things he says; kids are great!

Heidi said...

I totally remember the 23rd Ward, 4th of July breakfast also! I also remember singing that song!