It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, July 30, 2009

No doubt

Zoe LOVES art. Her all time favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh. Just ask her about him, but only if you have at least 1/2 hour to listen to her go on, and on, and on about him. Brad bought her a huge art book for her birthday. It' the size of a college text book - 12x10, 2 inches thick, hard bound and 612 pages long. It covers art history from 'cave to contemporary' with over 2,500 pictures of different works of art. After purchasing it, Brad wondered if she would really 'appreciate' it at such a young age.

What do you think? I think appreciation is an understatement. Adororation is more like it. Brad should no longer doubt whether or not she would like it.
She reads it every night before going to sleep, and obviously sometimes until she goes to sleep. She has already told us that when she grows up she wants to go to the New York Museum of Contemporary Art because that's where Van Gogh's original painting of 'Starry Night' is. Oh - Brad also got her a framed poster of 'Starry Night'. Her first 'real' picture to begin her own 'real' art collection. She was ecstatic.

Did I mention that our shed (well 2/3 of it) is now an art studio? (and a craft/sewing room) Zoë has spent at least an hour a day in there for the last 2 weeks. We love it and we can't wait to really put it to good use! I never took before pics, but I'll take some afters soon & post them.

3 comments:

Jut and Char said...

I like Van Gogh also. I am just never sure I'm spelling his name right so I have to go find a spell check somewhere. I like his wheat fields and olive tree ones mostly I like his agriculture paintings. Probably cause I feel like I can relate.

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing ever.Has Zoey developed her father's talent as well?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes the Disney Cruise was terrific. I would go now when the kids are young and can enjoy taking pictures with all the characters. They are everywhere!!