We took a little trip to So Cal this weekend so Brad could cash in his Father's Day present - tickets to a Yankee game! I thinks this is the most pictures I have ever uploaded for a post - sorry! I don't want to leave any out when I go back and print out this year's events. Enjoy!
Huntington Beach - 2009
That's Zoë getting knocked over by a wave in the back ground....

Trevor was very proud of our sand castle!

A day at the beach is not complete unless we get buried, right?!



Zoë enjoyed searching for shells, or should I say pieces of shell.

Trevor loved the sand. Here's a sequence of shots....packing the sand......

....flipping the bucket over just so.....

......tapping on the top to loosen the sand......

......pushing it down......

.....pushing it down some more.......

.....prep for the unveiling.....

......slowly pull the bucket up.......

.....ta da!!!!!

A perfect bucket shaped mound of sand!

Zoë had a similar approach to shell-searching (say that fast 5 times!).
First, she scoped out the sand for 'clues'.......

....then the investigation begins.....

.....new found treasure???
Looks like a keeper!

We had tickets to the day game on Saturday. There were almost as many Yankee fans as there were Angel fans. Brad asked the old lady in the parking booth, "Are you sure this isn't Yankee stadium?" She was not happy about that comment, but her reaction made us all laugh.

We're ready to go! We got to the game early so we could get a good place in line.

The kids were pretty impressed by a memorial in front of the stadium for an Angel player who was killed earlier this year in a car accident.

It got really hot standing in line. The kids did not complain very much, but their body language spoke volumes!!!

It was a REALLY hot day so there was not batting practice before the game, so a few players came out to sign autographs. We saw A.J. Burnett (he not only stayed out there the longest but he worked his way all the way down the length of the duggout).......

C.C. Sebathian......

and Joba Chamberlain. So cool to be this close!

We got some good pics of some other players before the game started, too. Here's Jeter & Damon....

& Cano.

We're already pink and the game hasn't even started yet!

The boys - they were only in the shade for a few minutes before the sun was shining on all of our seats.

A-Rod warming up....

all of the in fielders before the game.

There was a pretty crappy call made at first base right at the beginning of the game. I got some shots of the argument that insued!

Still arguing......actually, this looks like three different conversations when you really look at it!

It was 'settled' when I took this picture, but there was still plenty to be said! Posada & Petitte are still sharing some thoughts with the home base umpire.

I got this shot of A-Rod, Jeter & Bix Tex chatting it up after Petitte was taken out of the game - the new pitcher was warming up.

The out field took some time to chat, too.

This is what happens when you have a VERY busy & eventful 36 hours. It was lights out for Trevor - we weren't even out of the stadium parking lot before he crashed!
All in all we had a great weekend. Now all we need is lots of sleep to recover!
P.S. The only thing I will say about the fights this weekend are this....LOVED the Bisbing knock out. I could watch that over and over again. It was by FAR the best knock out I have ever seen. It helps that I can't stand Bisbing - go Henderson!!!! Of course I can't forget GSP. He was hurt bad in the 4th round, but he continued and still dominated. What an awesome fighter. Only one more thing - poor Frank Mir. I HATE that Brock Lesner is such a great fighter because I can't stand him.
That is all! I'm off to bed.
4 comments:
What a fun weekend!! And I love the pics at the beach.
Amazing all the things you can accomplish in 36 hours! Glad you had a great time.
Im glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! Trevor really must have been tired cause that boy never stops. Ha:)
How fun! Looks like the kids love the beach and of course Brad needed his baseball game. We are hitting the Disney Cruise this week; I'll let you know if it's worth it!
Post a Comment