The weekend before Christmas we went up to visit my parents & sisters and their families. While we were there we celebrated JJ's birthday with him. As you can see T-Bone enjoyed the festivities. Kolbey painted a red mustasche & beard on and he was ready to stuff his face! I think that's a mouth full of Aunt Lisa's yummy popcorn! Thanks for the invite Lenz - we had a blast! And thanks for chopping more hair off for me! I'm LOVING it!
Oh - I almost forgot. We were so bummed that my Dad wasn't home the whole day we were there to visit (he was in LV conducting and speaking at the funeral for the son of one of his Ironworker buddies) but we just happened to be passing through the same little town at the EXACT same time so we were able to stop & catch up with him for a little while. The kids and I had a little adventure of our own in the bathroom of the Jack in the Box that involved some funny faces and A LOT of giggling. I'll spare you the outrageous details - let's just say that I have the perfect picture for Chuckie's blog (titled 'What the Crap?'). I may not remember my camera all the time, but.....never mind.
I was off the whole week of Christmas. It was so nice. I took the kids to see Bolt and got some last minute shopping done by Monday afternoon. I was able to make the trip out to visit a friend of mine who was also off work that day. It's always nice to visit with friends from work when we're not at work. (Did that make sense?) After a trip to Sam's Club the next day we were officially ready for Christmas!!!
According to tradition, we gathered at Grandpa & Grandma Johnson's house on Chrismas Eve for fried chicken, mashed taters, buttered corn and rolls! YUM! Camille also brought some killer desserts. We each opened a present that night from a member of the family who had drawn our name a couple of weeks before. Brad got some art supplies from Katie, I got a beautiful heart pendant from Ed, Zoë got an adorable outfit from one of Angela's kids & Trevor got a Kobe Bryant jersey from Zane (I think...). We all went home with heavier tummies and some new goodies!
Christmas Eve night was not even close to being over. After we got home we got a visit from Santa! But he was nice enough to ring the door bell before barging in to tell the kids that they needed to hurry up and get to bed so that he could start delivering presents. That's all they needed to hear. Ten minutes later they were in bed. I didn't even care that they hadn't brushed their teeth. I knew that I have a TON of presents to wrap and Brad was already out the door to put a couple trampolines together. He helped Dave with his then Jason with his. I took out some Diet Cokes to the back fence and watched them for a few minutes before they realized I was there. I was giggling so hard. I wish I had videotaped them (they were putting up the net). Dave was trying to get across the tramp as fast as he could, bouncing without meaning to, Jason & Rob were holding posts down, Brad was trying to tell Dave where to go and Micah was just standing back with a big smile on his face watching them perform what looked like a Three Stooges comedy routine. It wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound, but it was already after 11:00 and we were all a little giddy - and they still hadn't put Jason's trampoline together! By the time Brad got home and we got settled down into bed, it was almost 1:00 am.
Look! It's Ghetto Santa everyone! We love you Dave! (NO - this is not the Santa that visited my kids earlier!)
I was off the whole week of Christmas. It was so nice. I took the kids to see Bolt and got some last minute shopping done by Monday afternoon. I was able to make the trip out to visit a friend of mine who was also off work that day. It's always nice to visit with friends from work when we're not at work. (Did that make sense?) After a trip to Sam's Club the next day we were officially ready for Christmas!!!
According to tradition, we gathered at Grandpa & Grandma Johnson's house on Chrismas Eve for fried chicken, mashed taters, buttered corn and rolls! YUM! Camille also brought some killer desserts. We each opened a present that night from a member of the family who had drawn our name a couple of weeks before. Brad got some art supplies from Katie, I got a beautiful heart pendant from Ed, Zoë got an adorable outfit from one of Angela's kids & Trevor got a Kobe Bryant jersey from Zane (I think...). We all went home with heavier tummies and some new goodies!
Christmas Eve night was not even close to being over. After we got home we got a visit from Santa! But he was nice enough to ring the door bell before barging in to tell the kids that they needed to hurry up and get to bed so that he could start delivering presents. That's all they needed to hear. Ten minutes later they were in bed. I didn't even care that they hadn't brushed their teeth. I knew that I have a TON of presents to wrap and Brad was already out the door to put a couple trampolines together. He helped Dave with his then Jason with his. I took out some Diet Cokes to the back fence and watched them for a few minutes before they realized I was there. I was giggling so hard. I wish I had videotaped them (they were putting up the net). Dave was trying to get across the tramp as fast as he could, bouncing without meaning to, Jason & Rob were holding posts down, Brad was trying to tell Dave where to go and Micah was just standing back with a big smile on his face watching them perform what looked like a Three Stooges comedy routine. It wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound, but it was already after 11:00 and we were all a little giddy - and they still hadn't put Jason's trampoline together! By the time Brad got home and we got settled down into bed, it was almost 1:00 am.
Look! It's Ghetto Santa everyone! We love you Dave! (NO - this is not the Santa that visited my kids earlier!)
OK - Christmas Day came! What did we all get? Hmmm.....let's see how much I can remember...I'll just mention one of our favorite.
Brad: an Invicta watch (from his lovely wife!)
Leslie: an AWESOME cast iron pot (from my wonderful hubby!)
Zoë: her very first camera (which did not cost this much!)
Trevor: basketball hoop (that we got a KILLER deal on - 1/2 of that this says!)
Brad: an Invicta watch (from his lovely wife!)
Leslie: an AWESOME cast iron pot (from my wonderful hubby!)
Zoë: her very first camera (which did not cost this much!)
Trevor: basketball hoop (that we got a KILLER deal on - 1/2 of that this says!)
Family: ROCK BAND!
We had a good time going to Grandpa & Grandma's for breakfast and more presents (THANK YOU!). As part of the Johnson tradition we visit everyone's house on Christmas morning - our rule is that if you want your present, you'll come over to our house! :) It's always fun and this year was no exception.
Since Christmas things has really slowed down. We had a great fight night, even though Forrest got his butt kicked. I can't wait until the next couple of fight nights. There are some good tickets coming up this month!
New Year's was fun and low key. We had some good friends over for food, fun and TONS of laughs! We played some fun games and then sat around for a while just sharing memories that all of us have been a part of. I just sat back a couple of times and thought how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many people I love and that would do anything for me and my family. There is never any contention between anyone. I think because we are so totally honest with each other on every level - it's kind of like having extended sibling relationships. If my hair looked stupid, someone would tell me. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings either - I would love them for making sure I don't look stupid. Sorry, I'll stop. I could go on all day about this particular subject and then I would get all emotional and blubbery.
On to today - the day we all make RESOLUTIONS! Screw that. I already ate Wing Stop and Sonic today so making the same stupid resolution to lose weight and get in shape would be out the window by now anyways. But I will say this...I have made myself some very important promises that I intend not to break. No - I'm not willing to share any of them.
We had a good time going to Grandpa & Grandma's for breakfast and more presents (THANK YOU!). As part of the Johnson tradition we visit everyone's house on Christmas morning - our rule is that if you want your present, you'll come over to our house! :) It's always fun and this year was no exception.
Since Christmas things has really slowed down. We had a great fight night, even though Forrest got his butt kicked. I can't wait until the next couple of fight nights. There are some good tickets coming up this month!
New Year's was fun and low key. We had some good friends over for food, fun and TONS of laughs! We played some fun games and then sat around for a while just sharing memories that all of us have been a part of. I just sat back a couple of times and thought how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many people I love and that would do anything for me and my family. There is never any contention between anyone. I think because we are so totally honest with each other on every level - it's kind of like having extended sibling relationships. If my hair looked stupid, someone would tell me. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings either - I would love them for making sure I don't look stupid. Sorry, I'll stop. I could go on all day about this particular subject and then I would get all emotional and blubbery.
On to today - the day we all make RESOLUTIONS! Screw that. I already ate Wing Stop and Sonic today so making the same stupid resolution to lose weight and get in shape would be out the window by now anyways. But I will say this...I have made myself some very important promises that I intend not to break. No - I'm not willing to share any of them.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
8 comments:
I loved reading your recap of the holidays! Sounds busy, but fun & lots of memories made. I am with you on the resolutions. I made a list this year but made them way simple.
I think we should have a Rock Band Party next. If Katie can do it then I'm sure I can. And how about for New Years we just try to be a little better than last year. You guys are great so that won't be hard. Thanks for everything!
We got Rock Band too! Dude, can I get an invite to fight night? --Andrew
Darris and I love the picture of your house with the snow.
Happy New Year! I love hearing about everybodies traditions and seeing the similarities and also getting fun new ideas. All the best for you guys 2009!
CRAP!! You should have come to the weigh ins and autograph signing with us!!! I was SOOOO bummed about Forrest!!! UGH!! Sounds like Christmas was a blast!!
Hey you! Thanks for stopping by to say Hi. It's great to see how everyone's doing now. I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas, and I hear you on the Resolutions bit - who needs um? The best to you and your family for 2009 and I'll check up on your crew often.
You are the best story teller! I love reading about your families adventures. We watched the fight too, and invited people over, we missed watching with you guys though!
Post a Comment