It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, December 19, 2008

This & that

These are totally random pictures of stuff we've been up to over the last couple of weeks. Why do I to this to myself?! If I just posted more often I wouldn't have to jump around and try to remember everything.......

I was too lazy to post pics of the kids & their cousins after they came to visit a couple of weeks ago. Zoë & Em @ school .........
T-Bone & Trenton @ school....

Walking to school - these coats ended up coming off after we got there. It was hot 3 short weeks ago!
Zoë's Christmas play @ school - she was an Elf, Elfin Curly (most of her curly locks are hidden under the hat.....) That's Alec in the background, complete with rosey cheeks!
Sorry this is a crappy picture, but it's the only one I got of the trees...which I decorated! A lady in my ward made them (Judy).Ward Christmas breakfast - the Bishopric made pancakes. Brad doesn't just walk around with an apron on at ward functions, well at least not all of them. I have a cute picture of the guys in the kitchen getting down & dirty, but some other people ended up in the picture so I didn't post it.
T-Bone loves wrestling. He says his coach is 'harsh'. I'm not sure which one he is talking about - there are 4 coaches all together. That's Kelly giving Trevor some pointers.
Snow in LV! This is Mt. Charleston, but Brad got a picture of Sunrise the next morning. There are more pictures in the camera, but it's outside in Brad's work truck. I'm too lazy to go out there and get it, plus it's really cold and I just put on my warm jammy pants and sweat shirt.
Trying to catch snow flakes on our tongues. I should have taken this picture about 30 minutes later when it was coming down hard, but I had already herded all the kids (5 total) into the house and got them settled in playing. I wasn't about to get them all ready to go outside again.
Zoë's winter dance recital was tonight. I am a loser and forgot my camera, but Michelle just e-mailed me this picture. (Thanks Michelle!) This was Zoë's costume for her 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree' routine. Almost all of the girls lost their tinsel at some point in the dance, but they didn't miss a beat! That's some good training. You're awesome Jolynn! Thanks for taking Zoë early Leah! You're a life saver - twice today! (I would have been out of luck if I hadn't found this leotard!)
Coming up:
  • Tomorrow we're heading up to UT to visit my parents & sisters and their families before Christmas. JJ's birthday party is tomorrow so it will be a pretty busy day. Hopefully Lenzi will have a few minutes to cut my hair again - it's growing out way too fast.
  • I'm so glad I don't have to do anything at church this Sunday! I'm not conducting this month and I've already done my Sharing Time for the month - yeah! Last Sunday was really emotional for me for some reason. My morning with the kids was chaotic (not normal!), I bawled during my Sharing Time, and ....well, I won't go into any detail about the rest of the day. I'll just say it wasn't one of the best Sundays I've ever had.

  • Parent/Teacher conferences went well.
  • The snow day was just wierd.
  • I don't have to go back to work until the 29th.
  • The Christmas shopping is done.
  • I can't wait to see the Nutcracker.
  • It makes me sad that at this time next week Christmas day will already be a memory.
  • I'm not sad that at this time next week I'll begin counting down the days until our cruise - yeah!

6 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

Sometimes I wish we weren't so busy but then we wouldn't have all these great memories to share. Katie said she loved Zoe in the play and of course they were all a hit last night at the recital.
Leslie, you are always doing so much for others, I'm glad we can sometimes help you out a little bit. Love ya!

the Dover Family said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your busy stuff. You are truly an amazing woman and a great example. :)

Steph said...

Cute stuff!

Tiffany said...

So let me guess. The cute trees were made by none other than Judy Ficklin. We taught the last two years together. She was always making cute gifts for her students, making the rest of us kinder teachers look bad! I remember her mentioning Gary W. one day, but it didn't click that it was your ward, too! Tell her I said hi!

Leah said...

I love your random posts...they're efficient... just like you!
Elfin Curly?? What a babe! Zoe looks so cute. My camera does not take good pics. in the cafeteria.
I can't wait to see the recital video but from what I heard Zoe stole the show once again with her amazing dance moves...that girl is super talented.

laynenang said...

Hey Les, I didn't know you went to UT. It's crazy how busy things get and then Christmas is over, but it is fun to have the cruise to look forward too. See ya tonight!