It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, December 8, 2008

Craziness

Let's see - all of my thoughts are so jumbled. This past weekend went by so fast. Here are some of the thoughts I have on our last week of activities......

I love family Christmas parties & get togethers with friends, but I can't eat another bowl of soup. I made two different soups this weekend for two different events. I love it, but I'm so over it. (Another thing I love is learning more about my friends - especially the bad stuff. :) )

We had such a fun weekend with my neice & nephew who came to stay with us for a few days. Thanks for coming to stay with us Emilee & Trenton! We love you! I thought about something while they were here...I don't know how people with more than 2 kids get their laundry done - washed maybe, but not washed, folded & put away. That's just crazy talk.

We visited my father in law in the hospital yesterday (with my family). He had his other hip replaced. He came home today and is doing so good.

I discovered that I can handle four kids at church all by myself...make that 5 - Scott came over to color for a little while during Sacrament meeting. He came back to share his Cheerios & chat with us. Yes - I'm counting it!

I can't wait for Zoë's first play at school later on this week - I can't remember if it's the Christmas Wizard of Oz or the Wizard of Oz Christmas. You get the picture. She's an elf. I'm helping with some of the costumes.

My son joined a wrestling team....the Las Vegas Wildcats. I feel like such a traitor. The things we do for our kids. He had his first practice tonight and even volunteered to wrestle another kid who has wrestled before. He didn't win, but he didn't get pinned either. Brad said he's gonna do great once he learns some techniques. He came home very excited to told Zoë & I all about it.

The rest of this week is insane. I'll be lucky if I get a post done in the next 7 days. :) Have a good one everybody!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Brad to get some pictures of Trevor wrestling!!!!

Lenzi said...

GO LVHS... WILCATS wahoo! Thats my boy Trev :) hehe.. sounds like your last week is going to be this next week for us! Two christmas parties, and I get to make the potatoe salad AND deviled eggs for 30 people! I really want to try and make it to one of Zoe's plays this year, keep me posted and me and JJ can make a trip! Love you

Gary and Michelle said...

I'm glad everything worked out with your dad-in-law. And it sounds like wrestling is a winner. I hope we can work something out for Andrew, he really wants to join.

Suzanne said...

Thank you so much for your help with the Christmas tree costumes! I really appreciate it!

Andrew Dixon said...

Remember our 1st grade play? You were Mrs. Clause, were you not? I can't remember.

Heather said...

I love wrestling!!! My Ashton wrestles and loves it!! He is little for his age so it's perfect he goes up against guys his size!! I don't think moms with more than 2 kids get laundry done! I sure don't!!! No clue how they do it if they do!!! Glad to hear Ed is doing well!!

mandmpotter said...

Ahh!, You needed the soup nazi to say, "no soup for you!". Oh wait, that's what he said to us. Anyway, I enjoyed Trevor telling us all about wrestling and how he pinned a guy who'd been wrestling for 8 years and how someone threw-up? Sounds exciting.

Steph said...

Kimmy is getting married. I thought I wasn't going to be sad about matty not wrestling cause of his broken arm but I miss it already! Good luck t-bone!

hollybake said...

Hey Leslie! I didn't know Tara was Brad's cousin! Crazy! I am pregers again for the LAST and FINAL time! I find out on the 31st how many are in there! LOL Hopefully just one this time! LOL

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Yes, you know Matt and Teresa. Matt Stephenson married Teresa Gardner. I should have posted a picture. If you go to my blog look them up.

What a week you had. This time of year is always so crazy! Great job taking care of 5 kids during sacrament. I only have to handle 2kids,2 to 3 Sunday's alone (Marc's on the HC). I have to admitt I feel quite accomplished when I only have to take Aidan out for the last 5 minutes! LOL

If I do not make it on here again before Christmas I hope you and your family have a wonderful one!

Jodi Nelson said...

Hey Leslie! Thanks for the comment. I check in on your blog regularly, I just don't comment either. LOL. I'm so glad a few of you down there blog, it's actually the first time in years that we've been able to keep up to date on a regular basis. Very nice. Hey could you email me. It has to do with the Christmas Jar thing. SimplyThisandThat@verizon.net
ooxx`jodi

Chandra said...

So when did wrestling become so popular? This is like the 3rd blog I've seen with kids wrestling. I guess it's perfect because boys get to "fight" and not get in trouble.Although I stand by my fervent beliefs that those singlet things are ugly. Jason wrestled for a bit in high school and I told him I DO NOT want to see pictures! Hey, who cares if you had to eat soup, at least you got to go to a party!

Heidi said...

I can give you a really good name, if your father-in-law needs physical therapy. My hubby has an office on Bonanza, and he also makes house calls! lol... Anyway, sounds like you guys are busy, busy, busy! Hope you have a good Christmas!

Heidi said...

Just so you know, coming from someone with more 4 kids - the laundry is never "done." Yes it does get washed and dried, but folded and put away is another story.....

Leah said...

That just started my seasonal soup gorge. I can't get enough!
You can count Scott.. from what I've been told he IS quite a handful.
Wish we could've seen Zoe's play I had no idea you could go to the school and see the play during the assembly. My kids probably hate me since I never did that with them. Trevor... wrestling... can't wait to see him in action.