We've been doing quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. I forgot the camera most of the time we did anything, but I did get some pictures.
Trevor & Brad went to Home Depot a couple Saturdays ago. T-Bone decided he wanted to make something for Zoë, so he picked out a wooden circle and picket fence pieces to use for his 'project'. Brad screwed the pieces on the back of the circle and wa-la! A sun! Brad taught the kids the proper way to spray paint and blend the colors. They had a good time painting it. Brad wanted to make some dutch oven chicken and potatoes last Monday night and I was more than happy to make a run to the store to pick up supplies! I stopped off after work and got everything (so I thought) and headed to get the kids at Debbie's. After I left her house I stopped by the store again because I forgot potatoes. I ended up forgetting the charcoal at the self check-out stand on the second trip so I had to go back to get it and to also pick up more chicken. I got home and realized the chicken I just got was bad so I had to go back again to get more chicken (to a different grocery store this time). So, after 4 trips to 2 different stores in less than two hours we were finally ready to go! I knew this patch of dirt would come in handy for something other than digging one day!
G & G Campbell went out to the pecan farm with us before we headed out of town. It's time to stock up for all that holiday baking! I told the kids we could stop for a concrete at Nielson's in St. George since they were so good - they had no idea that we would have stopped even if they were heathens the whole time! I love their caramel cashew concrete. It ended up being lunch for us. We even beat Brad home by 45 minutes or so. I had the laundry started and the car cleaned out before he showed up. After spending so much time in the car we all just wanted to stick close to home. We ended up eating Del Taco for dinner and watching a movie before turning in.
We took the kids bowling on Monday for FHE - it was their first time. Yes, I forgot the camera. I know, mother of the year! They had fun. We will definitely go again. All in all, we've had some good times this month!
1 comments:
Looks like fun! There's just something about small towns in Utah that keep you coming back. Concrete for lunch,Del Taco for dinner- sounds a lot like my diet!
Post a Comment