It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun & gums

Brad thought it would be fun to take the kids to a UNLV game this past week and they had a blast! It was a fun game and the Rebels won which made it even better. It brought back so many memories of going to the Runnin' Rebel games with my Dad when I was young. I remember a few games when our butts didn't touch the seats until halftime and we went home with hoarse voices. Remember the decible meter they used to have at the T&M? We would yell until we couldn't yell any more. I thought it was so cool to go to a game on a school night. One of the most memorable games was the one when a UNLV player fell & broke his jaw. It was so nasty. Fun memories! Trevor got his first visit from the Tooth Fairy last night. She was pretty generous. The tooth right next to the one he lost last night is ready to come out, too. She won't leave so much for that one, unless she's lacking change. We'll see how lucky he gets.

11 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! We have season tickets and the boys have a blast when it's their turn.

Lenzi said...

So fun! Its funny because last night Jeff and I went to a game at the dixie center, have you ever watched And1 street ball on espn? Well that was who played and it was SO fun, the dealership sponsered them so we got pics and a signed ball :) I was telling Jeff at the game about all of my memories going with dad to the games and doing the big shark mouth when the shadow would go around the top of the stadium! Do you remember that?! Fun times..

LaAna said...

Hey Leslie! Just stopping by to see how your gang is! Sporting events are so much more fun to take kids to. You get to relive that excitement again, and having 3 boys means I'll have A LOT of reliving to do. We love going to NBA games!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and say hello to your family for me!

Steph said...

I've thought about doing that with my kids,but I don't know if they'd make it throughthe whole game. I guess I'll just have to try it out and see!

Anonymous said...

We went to the game on saturday! trace yells at the refs and the other team... it is the only time he is allowed to use the work "sucks"!! Glad you guys had fun!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a BLAST!!! How fun for them!! Hey how are your inlaws? I haven't seen them in FOREVER!!! email me sometime hebossa@hotmail.com

Heidi said...

Yep, Andrew got season tickets and have taken each of the older kids to a game and they love it - Taylor even got on TV at the last one. Definitely a good bonding time with Daddy!!

Chandra said...

Go Rebels! Yea I went there for like a semester! Good times at the Rebels games. Don't be making the rest of us look bad with that tooth fairy business!

Kim said...

It was fun to see you at the game. Come visit us whenever you are there!!! I love watching all the kids and their enthuasium for the game.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Dawson has lost a total of 3 counting the one he did last night, jumping on his cousins bed and smashing into Faith. We hope you have a terrific holiday season!

Heidi said...

UNLV-GO-FIGHT-WIN! My husband and daughter go to the games all the time! They always have the best time! I remember going to the games with Carrie Thompson, and her family all the time:-) I would go to the games now, but it is to loud for the baby! Maybe next year.