It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, August 16, 2008

August

This month is half over and I have yet to do a post, so I guess I'm a slacker. Our trip to NYC ended a very (VERY) hectic July so we decided to just lay low for a while. We haven't done too much besides work and church stuff. Here's what we've been up to - be warned...it is very random and slightly boring!

- Trevor had a Kindergarten promotion program on the 5th (picture below). It was cute.

- The last day of school was the 8th, and since then chillin' has been our #1 goal. We only have 2 weeks to enjoy some time off before heading back to First & Third grade.

- We have been spending our spare time.....swimming at G&G Johnsons, enjoying a fun fight night last weekend (GREAT fights!), running through the sprinklers every chance we get, playing with the neighbors, watching Red Box movies, playing the Wii - otherwise it's just too dang hot to do anything else.

- Lenzi came down last weekend for visit and had a fun night out with her girl friends. It was nice to spend some time with her.

- We have totally rearranged our house. It took us a couple of days. We were so sore and we're both glad it's done. We both agree that a major remodel of any kind is not in the future any time soon.

- Grandpa Johnson had hip surgery last Monday and he is still busy recovering in the hospital. We'll go out to visit him tomorrow after church.

- Travis (Grondel) - Brad's cousin - came home from his mission on Thursday and the kids and I had a chance to visit with him for a little bit since we weren't going to be able to make it to his Open House last night.

- The kids had a dentist appointment on Thursday and both had perfect exams. I have given myself the nickname 'Tooth Nazi' and I'm proud of it. Being persistent (a persistent nag that is) when it comes to flossing & brushing really does pay. I wish I lived closer to my brother, Ronnie, who is almost done with dental school. My grill is constantly jacked up in some way, shape or form. I am determined to make sure my kids take care of their teeth!

- I got Zoë signed up for dance - YEAH! She loves Jolynn and can't wait to start her classes. Only a few more months until Trevor will start wrestling. That will be interesting to say the least.

- Zoë had her eyes checked. She has had some bad headaches on and off so getting her eyes checked seemed like the logical thing to do. Her eyes couldn't be better - 20/20 in both eyes.

- I slept until 8:45 am today. I have no idea what time my kids got up or what they ate for breakfast. I am such a loser! Poor Brad - I think I bit his head off at least 4 times this morning before he went to work. This heat makes me so tired - I was such a bear this morning!

- We just got home from a Ward Ice Cream Social. It was so fun. We had over 10 home made ice creams to choose from - we brought vanilla w/caramel, Twix chunks & mini chocolate chips on top. YUM! My favorite was the key lime pie ice cream. I made myself sick on it.

That's it. Nothing too exciting. Here are a couple of pics!



Trevor's Kindergarten Promotion CeremonyZoë & her 3rd (YES I said 3rd) teacher of the year - Mrs. Marchello. Don't ask...
Jax isn't quite sure what to think about the sprinklers. I think he might think it's a weird form of torture.

8 comments:

Lenzi said...

That wasn't boring! It doesn't sound like you guys have been chillen' too much, isn't it sad when "chillen" still sounds like you've been so busy!! Yea for good teeth, I am the same way with JJ, heck he had his first dentist visit at 18 months! No cavities, by the way! I can't wait to see new couches.. have you gotten any yet by the way?? Love ya.. O ya, and you, a bear in the morning?? NEVER! hehe.. we must be sisters or somethin, Jeff says I'm the same way some mornings too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Johnsons! I love the new look and tunes of your blog. I can't wait to see picture of Trevor wrestling. Faith just started dance this week as well. Little girls are so cute! I added pictures per your request to my blog. Love Ya!

Steph said...

Where is Trevor wrestling? We did wrestling at LVHS last year with the Wildcats. Matthew is going to do it again this year. How cool if we got to see each other more often :)

Brad and Leslie said...

I would love to do it at Vegas or Eldorado - somewhere close. Centennial and Green Valley both have good teams, but they're too far away. Who can I call at LVHS about it?

laynenang said...

Very funny les. We must be on at the same time. Hope you had a relaxing Sunday.

Brad and Leslie said...

Yep! Brad's at a meeting and the kids are on their way to bed. What else to do but blog stalk?!

Heidi said...

Can you come be a tooth Nazi at my house? I have a hard time getting my kids to take oral hygiene seriously.
And I can't tell you how many mornings this summer I slept in a little and let my older 2 kids fend for themselves. That's okay, right?

The Troxell's said...

I can't believe how old Zoe has gotten, I remember when she was born and I was holding her as a little baby and now she is so big. Love you guys.