It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Shopping - not everyone's favorite!

Trevor hates the going to the grocery store. He groans and complains any time he hears the words 'grocery' or 'shop' or 'Wal Mart'. Last week I mentioned to him that we needed to make a quick run to the store and this was his response:

'Mom! Why don't we just use our storage! There's enough food up there for dinner!'

Yes, it was funny. Yes, it was true! I am really proud of how far we have come with our food storage this year. We are still trying to make our goal of having a years supply on hand - we're already to 4 months and counting! We have made a few trips to Sam's Club this year to stock up on food storage - we've even rotated a few times! It turns out it not very hard! Our ward has formed an Emergency Preparedness / Food Storage Group and we are given the opportunity to purchase food storage items once a month. I can't wait to try the honey powder I ordered last month. Yum!

7 comments:

Lenzi said...

yea. we toally SUCK at food storage! So bad, that we have none. Yes I said none. One more thing I'm slackin on! Oh, Trevor, only HE would think of that!!!

Heidi said...

How funny cuz my kids beg me to go to the store on a daily basis - Gotta love food storage. Since stocking up on can goods a few months ago, it's been nice to be able to make it a little longer between grocery runs. However, when dinner options are scarce I think the kids are tired of me asking if anyone wants Spaghettios!

LaAna said...

Hey woman! It was so great to see that you stopped by to say Hi! I see that you guys are big Yankees fans too (our little dog is named Jeter!). The things we do for our pets, right? Well, we're movin up to Oregon the end of this month, but feel free to keep in touch. Your family is adorable!

Amber said...

I need to do that!

Brooke said...

You're on the ball! Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog. They always make me smile and feel so much better about how I'm doing. THANKS!! :)

Steph said...

Call me so we can talk about wrestling:) Maybe because their mom is a shop-a-holic my children love to shop ...hmmm?

Matt & Ali said...

Okay I finally blogged!!! I have been checking yours quite frequently!!! Crazy lady!!! My food storage hmmmmm can you say I have sugar and flour??? How pathetic is that!!!! miss ya