It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Service

It's always been hard for me to accept anything from other people - help, service of any kind, compliments, gifts - you name it. Call it a hang up, one of many. But I couldn't resist the offer Trevor gave me one night this past week.

He asked me if I wanted a neck massage or a foot rub. How cute is that? He rubbed my feet for a half hour - after he brushed my hair!

I love this little boy so much it hurts. He is such a sweetie pie - and definitely a Mama's boy.



7 comments:

Steph said...

I love that! My youngest two surprised me this morning with breakfast in bed...it's nice when kids randomly offer their service :)

Sara said...

If he's looking to do more service, I have two feet too! what a sweetheart he is.

Becke said...

I'm really working on Jared, but maybe being 4 - his hair brushing technique needs more help, but your son sure has it down. Aren't boys great to their mommies?
You lucked out and got a good one!

the Dover Family said...

You guys are doing a great job raising him. That boy is going to be a fantastic husband one day. :)

Lenzi said...

What a sweet boy! I LOVE boys.. they love their mamas :) Very cute.... I bet that was a hard act of service to not accept :)

Heather & Greg said...

I love that boy too, he cracks me up. Greg and I still are laughing at his worm, I really need to video tape him. He is super sweet!

steph j. said...

That's the cutest. I remember the many foot rubs I used to give my Mom. You are raising a good little guy.