It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Huh?

What's wrong with this picture? It's a WHITE praying mantis! This little gem is perched over the window outside my front door as we speak. It's really tiny so I assume it's a baby that hasn't matured and taken on it's beautiful green color. Is there such a thing as an albino praying mantis? Hmmmm.........

5 comments:

Lenzi said...

HAHA.. I think its hilarious that I thought your stucco was snow... what the crap was I thinking!?

Heather & Greg said...

That thing is gross! You crack me up posting about it.

Steph said...

Heather needs to check out Carla's blog where she posted about the dragonflies mating in her backyard :)I think it's cute, although, hopefully it's not some kind of mutant walking stick resiliant to all forms of bug spray :)

the Dover Family said...

That is very weird. Can't say I've ever seen a white one. :)

Dena said...

We just got back from NM and we too saw a baby Praying Mantis. It was such a tiny version of the big ones but all white. So they do exist! I'd never seen one so tiny.