It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring in D-Land

We made our way to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Everyone was able to go, so there were 22 of us all together. We had such a blast! I only brought the camera into the park with me twice, so I didn't get pictures of everyone even though we did hang out at one point or another.

We took the girls (Zoë, Megan & Olivia) with us this time and we had fun! We had another TV monitor installed on the front dash board before we went so I was able to enjoy their TV shows right along with them. (Thank goodness for Itunes!)
This is a house off to the right (in the distance) right at the end of the El Cajon pass. It always seems to catch my eye so I thought I'd take a picture of it.
Livvy's crazy eyes.....
Jake & Trevor with Lilo at the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. (They have the BEST oatmeal!)
Stitch gets a hand full....of Trevor's face!
The Johnson Grandkids (and Mindi, too! Nate was not lovin' him some Minnie!)
The whole Johnson clan! (Lance, Nate, Mindi, Brad, me, Jake, Angela, Layne, Zoë, Grandma Terrie, Trevor, Minnie, Sav, Grandpa Ed, Meg, Zack, Brent, Camille, Susie, Kate, Olivia, Ammon & Zane.)
T-Bone & Zoë with Minne after breakfast
Grandma decided to take Grandpa's scooter for a spin after breakfast and the kids walked right along side her - I think Susie is sitting on her lap....
Grandpa took us all to get our faces painted, even the older girls. I didn't get a picture of mine - it was pretty with green & yellow stars and glitter. Zoë's design was called 'Mardi Gras'.
T-Bone decided he would have his face painted as long as he didn't have to do something girlie, so he opted for a football.
Of course Grandma got Mickey ears!
Little Miss Susie
Tigger with some of the kiddos
Why do the characters keep covering my kids' faces?!?!
Our little monkey
T-Bone at Autopia
Zack & Brad watch Layne & Trevor pull away
Zoë is finally tall enough to drive the Autopia cars all by herself - she's 56 inches tall! (Only 4 inches until she's caught up with Grandma Campbell!) Jake was her co-pilot.
Zoë & Jake - they're talking Autopia tactics....
Zack, Trevor, Zoë & Jake on Alice's Tea Cups
Zoë & Trevor in front of the castle on our last afternoon in the park
Trevor, Susie & Zoë singing karaoke inside 'Innoventions' - that is a cool place!
Trevor settle in for the long ride home with Mickey, his IPOD & his Fuze. What a hard life.
We had such a great time and can't wait to go back again! I'm thinking September.....

8 comments:

Matt & Ali said...

I am jealous!!! I haven't been to D-Land sense I was like 12. Looks like fun!!! Your kids are getting so big.

the Dover Family said...

I love the picture with Tigger and your comment made me laugh. What a fun trip to do with the whole family. We like taking trips like that, too. :)

Leah said...

I know I've said it before but if there is some way...any way that I could be made an honorary Johnson for next year's trip.. I would totally love that!!! You guys always seem to have the greatest time! You have a great family!

LaAna said...

We did that a few years ago and my mom stayed longer then any of the kids or grandkids. Looks like everyone had fun and great weather too!

Heier's said...

Les! I loved those pics!! It was so much fun! I cant believe you didnt capture your face paint! It was the best one of all! Oh well theres always next time!!!! I cant wait!!

Chandra said...

LUCKY!!

Heidi said...

I think you guys have been to D-land more times in the last 2 years than I have been in my whole life!!! I want to go so bad!!!

Anna said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!