Last week was my week for Sharing Time in Primary. The topic was Mothers and their jobs in the family, nurturing being the most important. I had the kids act out different things Mom's do (cooking dinner, rocking a baby, reading a book, sewing, etc) so they could guess what 'job' they were acting out. As this activity progressed I added on some 'props' to drive my points home....after they guessed the 'cooking dinner' gesture, I put on an apron and held a glass bowl and a whisk and pretended to be stirring something. Well, needless to say by the end of my Sharing Time I was whisking away, wearing my favorite apron, rocking a baby Pooh bear and holding a children's book & some scissors.
My first thought was - how did I do this?! Then I immediately realized that I don't feel overwhelmed with all of these during because I have an AWESOME husband who does all of these things WITH me! Don't get me wrong....he does more than enough FOR me, but when it comes right down to it, we make a great team.
Anyhow, I thought my message was conveyed ok, even though it seemed a little overbearing, but let's face it - sometimes you have to be a little dramatic to get your point across to a bunch of kids who just spent over an hour being shushed in Sacrament Meeting. Getting to my point....sometime last week we were in the car with the kids and Brad asked me how my Sharing Time went. I told him it was ok, definitely not one of my favorites, but you can't win them all. Then he asked the kids what they learned about.
Zoë simply said, "We learned about Mom's and that they nurture us." Then he asked Trevor - his response was a little more blunt....he said "We learned that Mom's do EVERYTHING!"
Crap. I wonder how many kids went home and told their parents that Sister Johnson taught us that "Moms do everything"?!? Just shoot me.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
According to Trevor.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You're so cute Leslie. :)
Please....I try to drive that into my kids on a daily basis...maybe our primary should help me out!! ;) j/k love having great hubbies that help us!
Ok Trev is freakin hilarious! I love that kid.. and you are a great teacher.. you keep teachin those kids the truth! LOL!!
Mom's do do most everything! I think it is important that kids recognize it every once in a while :)
I quit, forgot to tell you! I do NOTHING!!!!!!
Well, at least they know the truth early on!
I don't get it. What's wrong with kids thinking their moms do everything? I thought it was a great sharing time.
I have a wonderful husband too but I'm okay with my kids thinking I do everything. HA :) I'm sure it was a fabulous lesson!!
So I remeber a conversation back in about 2002 when we asked Zoe where she got spanked and she pointed at you and said you did it. So What action did you have them do for whacking kids in the bum.
Jut
Post a Comment