This weekend was one of those laid back kind of weekends.
Brad spent Friday & part of Saturday at the lake on a Father/Priest outing. They stayed on a house boat and he learned how to ski. He was pretty tired when he got home on Saturday afternoon. I had to work but it was a short day since I had to take the kids to school. The kids & I went to see Space Chimps - it was really cute. I also took my parents to the airport. They're in Oklahoma this week for my neices baptism.
I took the kids up to the mountain on Saturday morning to hang out with some friends who were camping in Lee Canyon - the Darringtons, Howards, Mennigs and some of the Winders, Potters & more Mennigs. It was relaxing and fun. I got a nasty picture of Tanner's leg after he took a spill on his bike. He is such a man! Thanks for letting me follow you up there Amber! I'm just glad we didn't get pulled over. (I thought I had a lead foot! JK - I luv you Amber! But seriously - get your speedometer fixed!) :)
Sunday was the usual kind of day except it took forever for Brad to count tithing - what's up with so many people being at church on a holiday weekend? It was nice though - definitely nothing to complain about.
Monday was nice. Brad had to work for a while but it worked out ok. We spent some time cleaning out the garage, car & house before we went swimming at G&G Johnson's house. It was really hard to go to bed knowing I had to work the next day. Such is life!
Sliding down the hill - Karley, Trevor, Ricardo & Zoë. Yeah, they could have walked down the hill - Karley's just tougher then all of them. Well, at least a little more experienced! Paige & Trevor had fun riding bikes. They kept telling me that they miss playing with each other every day after school and that they were glad they got to play together in the mountains.
Goofy kids! Can they get much cheesier?
Zoë did a little excavating. I told them we couldn't go home until they were nice & dirty. They listened.
Dustin - the leader of the pack....on his pink bike. I love the look on Carson's face in this picture.
Tanner's injuries - they were pretty bloody, but this picture does not do it justice at all. You're so tough Tanner!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Labor Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I miss the mountains, but mostly I miss all my friends. Sounds like you guys had fun. And just so you know, ever since everyone posted the "Memory" blog, I've been meaning to post but couldn't decide which memories. Now I have a minute so I'll post one here. For Brad it's him in the MTC and me recognizing your phone number on the back of his sign that said he had to speak French (the missionaries were pretending they were prison numbers). I saw the number first and wondered why someone had your phone number on their sign. Then I looked up and saw Brad. That was funny. For you I had a hard time choosing. We spent so much time together. But I think the one that popped into my head first was light as a feather stiff as a board. Wasn't that Becke's idea? Thanks for the memories:)
You got some good pictures. That was fun. Sorry about the ride up there. I'm not used to the truck....I'm glad we didn't get a ticket either!!
Ha! That was funny! I am glad you guys had fun! Amber can drive fast! Tanner is one tough dude! i bet he didnt even cry!!
I thought I had commented on this post! Where have I been???
I am so glad you guys could come up for the day! I'm going to keep working on you guys until the whole fam comes for the weekend!!
Paige and Trevor HAVE to be going through withdrawls since they spent so much time together last year and I swear Scott thinks thatTrevor is HIS older brother!
I like your pumpkins!!
Post a Comment