Wow - so much has happened in the last couple of weeks. I have been really bad about posting. Here are some happenings is our lives.......
- 90210 is back and I LOVE IT!!!!! So does Brad....anyone else?
- Zoë tried out for and made the Drama Club at school...yeah!
- I took on my first PTA project - Muffins with Mom. I have yet to call and order the muffins.....AAGGHHHH!!!!!
- The fights on 9/6 were really good! I was kind of sad that Chuck lost his fight, but it was a killer knock out! I don't like submissions as much as a good knock out. I would even take a good bloody fight over a snapped arm or ankle bone any day.
- Brad & Trevor went to CA with all of the Johnson boys to see a Yankee game in Anaheim. They left our house at 5:00 am, met up with everyone across town, drove down to Cali, watched the game, ate dinner at the Chicken Dinner Restaraunt at Knotts and drove back home. They walked in the door around 10:00 pm. It was a long Wednesday, but of course it was worth it!
- Bro. Angell, a member of our ward, passed away a little over a week ago. He was an elderly man who attended the temple for the first time a while back after a long period of inactivity. Brad and I went with him to his endowment session - it was so neat. He was laid to rest at the Veterens Memorial Cemetary in Boulder City last week. Brad has been out there before but this was my first visit. It was a nice service - Brad dedicated the grave.
- Our Primary Presidency finalized plans for a new Articles of Faith program that we implemented this past Sunday at our Inservice meeting, which by the way, had almost perfect attendance! It's funny how people will show up at a meeting after they are told that if they don't we will visit them personally to discuss this new program. I guess making awkward promises (or threats?) to adults works as well as it does on kids.
- We had our quarterly primary activity last Saturday. It was a blast! We did an Article of Faith treasure hunt. It was a great way to introduce the new program, in a round about way of course! And who can complain if Krispy Kreme's are the treats?!?
- I got my Sharing Time done & over with for the month. Whew. It sucked of course, but at least I hit on the points I needed to hit on.
- I have been going in to help Trevor's teacher almost every day after work for the past week and a half. The kids in his class are so cute. He has a wonderful teacher. I'm so glad things worked out the way they did this year for he & Zoë even though they are on a different track than 'everyone else'.
- Zoë went out on her Dinner Dollar Date with Grandma & Grandpa Johnson tonight. She chose to go to Olive Garden - she loves 'cheezy freezy alfredo'. I love the way kids interpret things grown ups say. She had a great time. Thanks Grandpa & Grandma! I treated T-Bone to a Happy Meal. I ate leftover broccoli salad from last night - yum! Brad ate ribs........in Texas. Whatever.
- Disneyland is getting closer & closer! I can almost taste it! Then....track break!
The boys in Cali
Dinner Dollar Date with Grandpa & Grandma Johnson
12 comments:
Wow you have been busy! Looks like the boys had fun at the game. I'm kinda jealous. I wish I was going to Disney!
Yeah, we watch 90210 too. I loved the "Donna Martin Graduates!" reference from last night. I got a kick out of that. We need to get together more often. I feel like I'm "home" with my real friends.... --Andrew
does your family ever slow down? we love that chicken dinner resturaunt at knotts too. :)
when are you going to DL? moving back to vegas was hard for many reasons, one of them being no more spontanous DL trips. my boys ask daily when we can go back and we watch youtube videos of all the ride every night. pathetic or just slightly obsessed? :)
Your sharing time was great. And I know the feeling of relief when it's over.
I need to get that artichoke receipe from you. It was awesome!
And I thought I was busy! I will eventually get a post in, I swear every time I do something else happens... I haven't watched the new 90210..have you heard of the new show "Fringe" me and Jeff are all up into it!
You guys are a fun family! What's the Dollar Dinner Date? I love traditions like these!
Busy,busy! By the way you're making me look bad going to work then helping out in your kid's class. I haven't helped YET this year and I don't even work!
We're hitting good ol Disneyland next month too, it's great when your kids can ride everything and aren't scared of any of them then nobody has to sit out.
I'm still dreaming about that artichoke recipe - yummo!
We're thinking about hitting Disneyland again soon -
Leslie your kids are getting so cute and big. I'm glad to see you keeping busy and happy. I love the Fall BLOG by the way. Miss you.......:)
I did catch an episode of 90210...DRAMA!! It was great though. I only saw it cause it was on after America's NEXT top model(now there's some drama for you)
Isn't Muffins with Moms in May???
Poor Chuck,LAID OUT... that's all I can say!!!
One of these years we'd like to come with you to Disneyland as honorary Johnsons!!
Dang Les!!!! Sounds like fun!!!! I forgot you were in the primary presidency. Lucky you!!!! Hope all is going okay down there!!!! miss ya!
OK - sorry for being so slow with responses. What can I say - I'm a loser!
Amber - we're leaving on Saturday -come along girl friend! I'll call you with the dates so you know for school. :)
Andrew - my comment to you is on your blog. It was way too long to put on mine! :)
Mandy - I need another invite to your blog! Send me another invite to bradnles@embarqmail.com.
Michelle - OK, how did you get out of another Sharing Time today?! It must be nice to be the Bishops' wife. No - that is NOT a wish! JK - go onto the Food Network web site for that recipe. It's by Paula Dean and it's for her 3 cheese artichoke dip - deelish!
Lenzi - I haven't seen Fringe, but it does look good. I'm lucky enough to be able to watch 90210 - and with Brad! Miracles do happen!
Steph - Every Christmas Brad's parents give each grandchild a real silver dollar that can be used any time during the year to have dinner with G&G Johnson. They get to be all alone with them and they get to go anywhere they want to. T-Bone's going on his tomorrow!
Chandra - I just deleted a smart a response to the school time. It did make me laugh, but it was just too bad. My parents do read this after all. :) I was so happy when Trevor told me he couldn't wait to ride Soarin over CA again - in the top row! Last ride to conquer - Screamin!
Pattie - I am horrible at commenting on blogs - sorry! Yes, my kids are growing up too fast. Your blog is cute, too.
Leah - you're already honorary Johnsons girl! You do have Lin-Air shirts! We leave for D-Land on Saturday. Are you game?!
Ali - I am calling you this week sometime. I feel too out of touch with you!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Post a Comment