I realized this last week that I never did a Mother's Day post.
I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day. Not only did I have a great breakfast in bed (Brad's famous crepes with blackberries) as well as OJ, chocolate milk & ice water, but I had a great morning at home with my kiddos & Brad. What made it even better was that my Mom & Dad were able to come to Sacrament Meeting with us. Brad knew my Mom would be there so he gave us matching corsages to wear to church. It meant so much to me to have my parents come to church with us. I miss them so much. Not having my Mom nearby (especially on Mother's Day) is hard sometimes, but I'm so glad I can pick up the phone and in a matter of minutes (usually) I am talking to her.
I don't think many people know, but we had quite a scare last month. My Mom's heart was acting up so bad that she began to fade in and out of consciousness and she ended up in the hospital for a few days. The whole time I felt so beyond helpless to do anything to help her out. Here I am, stuck in Vegas, fielding calls between my sisters in Utah and my brothers in Oklahoma and somewhere in between I actually get to talk to my Mom. It ended up being a few different problems that are all now being worked out, so all is well for now - thank goodness.
I think my Mom just likes to keep us on our toes....at least that's what I choose to think.
And just in case you're wondering what happened to my last post, I deleted it. Don't ask if you don't know what I'm talking about. :) If you do know what I'm talking about, still - don't ask, because I will only tell you what you want to hear!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad you had a wonderful mothers day but I am going to have tell Jut that he needs to step it up. I never get crepes, but the french toast was wonderful.:)
Char
OOO...I don't like to hear about your mom having heart troubles! She was like a second mom to me!
I want to hear what the old post was about (now you HAVE to tell the truth since you promised to tell me what I want to hear). --Andrew (you can email me)
Post a Comment