It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lunch time post....

I was looking for something in my desk (at work) this morning and I came across these pictures. I have no idea why they are here, but they made my day! Over the past few weeks I have been missing the early days of my kids' childhood. They are growing up way too fast and it just makes me sad sometimes, but it also makes me focus on the present. It makes me realize that I need to make the most of today, because soon today will be yesterday and it just might end up being a yesterday that is forgotten all together! I'm just having a sappy moment I guess. I just wish I could shrink my kids down to a smaller size, just for a day. It's much easier to cradle them in my arms when they are little. I should know - I still cradle them sometimes when we're all alone. I'm just not ready to give that up yet! Anyhow, on with the memories!

Zoë - painting her bedroom in our first house
(she is 4 in this picture - she turns 8 in 13 days)

Trevor - probably running around after a bath
(he is 2 in this picture - he turns 6 in 27 days!)
Zoë - cheezin' in line in Disneyland
(I think she's 4 in this picture, too.)

Trevor - we would tell him to give us a mad face and this is what he would do
(he's not even 2 yet!)



6 comments:

Leah and Dustin said...

I love looking at old photos! I totally know how you feel about your children getting older...
I just love that picture of Trevor with the sunglasses... I remember those days! So fun to look back! What cutie-pie kids you have!!

Lenzi said...

That's totally crazy! I didn't notice how much they have grown until I see pics like that! It's like I still think of both of them at those tiny ages! My how time flies :)

Amber said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love looking back at pictures when they were little too. It sure does make you realize how fast they are growing. That's for sure!

Kim said...

Cute pics. I have to remind myself all the time that I have to slow down and remember that I 've got to spend more time with my boys! Thanks for the reminder!

Love Ya

Heidi said...

Such a sad thought that our kids grow up. Yesterday Andrew brought up the fact that Taylor will be graduating and moving on to college in 9 years! And if I could freeze Mason at the age he is now I totally would - he is so cute right now.

Anna said...

They look so cute! I'm already feeling that way about Lizzi. I can't beleive how fast she's growing. I've been trying to find the balance between the house work and enjoying this time with her.