It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Family Camping Trip

We wanted to get out of town for a little while this weekend but we didn't want to drive forever to get where we were going, so.....we headed to Mt. Charlie! We took off Friday afternoon & set up camp by dinner time. It wasn't cold at all until the wind started up, but we still had fun. Everyone was asleep by 8:45, except me. I face booked throughout the night.
I love Trevor's crossed eyes.....
We were pretty cold right about now! The kids were ready for bed as soon as the sun set.
The kids wanted to play in the snow, so we found a good spot first thing Saturday morning.
Trevor started the fight.....
Then ran away as fast as he could!
Some more pictures in the snow.....Dad & Zoe
Trevor & his walking stick - Brad is going to carve it for him....
Me & Zo-Zo...T-Bone loaned me his old Grave Digger hat....
Making up after the snow ball fight!
I don't think the kids played for more then 10 minutes before they decided it was time to go. They are definitely desert rats!!

Before we headed for home we ate breakfast at the Mt. Charleston Lodge. I know - not exactly camp food - but in our defense, we forgot the stock pot! We were all ready to eat oatmeal & hot chocolate for breakfast, but that wasn't happening without hot water! We enjoyed hot cocoa, pancakes, french toast, omelets & breakfast potatoes before heading home. Not the cheapest camp breakfast, but definitely the most delicious one I have ever had!

I think I might forget the pot again next time......

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I would forget ALL the pots next time!!! What a great family vacation. If you guys ever want to meet half way and camp at the Grand Canyon, call me!

Amber said...

that makes me want to go camping.

Heidi said...

It looks cold, but I am glad you had fun! I agree w/ Melissa... I would forget all the posts and pans next time!

Anonymous said...

The kids are sooo cute. Now I know why you couldn't sleep! You were probably freezing your buns off!!!