It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm glad...

- that I had the opportunity to spend so much time with my neices & nephews this week (their parents were on a cruise).

- that I went to bed early almost every night this week.

- that I got to spend all day at home today, minus a short stop a Amber's to stock up on some jewelry and the dinner (out) we just came back from.

- that my kids are able to see Brad & I work together (yard work, picking up dog poop, cleaning the house, etc.) What an important principle this is.

- I don't have to think about church tomorrow until I get there (no Sharing Time!).

- that my friend came home from the hospital last night after her horrible car accident last week. Now she & her hubby can recover together.

- that the next week our lives will settle down a little bit, but only a little bit. Otherwise we would get lazy.

- that our Blue & Gold banquet is this Wednesday. I made all our Leader awards - I hope they like them.

- that my kids love their Home Teachers enough to write them Thank You cards for visiting us - without being asked.

- that my kids listen to our Family Home Evening lessons about the Prophets. It makes us look really good when our kids can answer certain questions about the Prophets we have taught them about.

- that I have two healthy children that I just put to bed.

- that my family is an eternal family.

- to say that I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't want to think about where I would be without this blessing.

- to have the church calling that I have and to have the opportunity to support Brad in his calling, even if sometimes the support is just not complaining about it, which I never have (just for the record).

- my kids say things like 'Good night Daddy! See you at church tomorrow!', all while being 100% sincere and not a bit sarcastic.

9 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

I'm glad you have the calling you do too! And that Brad watches out for my hubbie in his calling. What would we do without great friends?

Heidi said...

I love your post. I need to do this on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts Leslie. I love your new blog look. It feels fresh and inviting. :)

Heidi said...

Love your list - sometimes we just need to write down those little everyday things we are grateful for to realize how blessed we are!

the Dover Family said...

Great post!! It's good to remember the things we are grateful for, it makes us happy. :)

Steph said...

What a great reminder to remember all the things we are greatful for!

Keri Miller said...

Thank you for helping me to think about those things, I was in need of being reminded!

Jut and Char said...

You forgot "I'm Glad I have had the opportunity to meet an know Justin. He is one of the neatest people around." You may need to put that in your next post.

steph j. said...

I loved this "I'm glad" post, your're a great example to me. Your trip looked like it was tons of fun, I'm itching to get away with Johnny. I wish I would have talked to you a couple of weeks ago, I made the leader gifts last week for the blue and gold, would have liked to have had an idea. I'm excited for the fight this week, how bout' you?