Brad & I went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago. We took off from Miami and had ports in Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan in Honduras, Beliz City & Cozumel. We went with Ed & Terrie and Lance & Mindi. We had a great time even though we missed our kids tons. Here are some pretty pics from our adventure!
Miami (from the top deck of the ship)

Goofing around with our shadows

This is our condo in Miami.....someday maybe!

Seven Mile Beach - Grand Cayman


Downtown Grand Cayman

Isla Rotan, Honduras (that's our ship - Carnival Valor)

Ed & Terrie - they're ready to shop!

This is the view from the top of a hill on the way to the beach where we went snorkeling. There are zip lines off to the right - we watched a couple people go down.

Brad & Lance snorkeling off Isla Roatan

Brad's beach house

Brad's hammock & look out spot - in the cove in front of his beach house.

Brad made a friend! We ended up buying shells off this kid after he followed Brad back from our walk. He was so cute.

The dock at Isla Roatan - you can see the coral from our balcony on the 7th floor. The water is so clear.



Goodbye Honduras!

Hello Beliz! The weather was so crappy at this stop, but the shopping was great! I found the cutest knock-off leather Prada bag and I even bought Zoë a little Coach purse (that I will borrow).

This is the only other picture I took in Beliz - we're sitting on the ferry waiting to go back to our ship. It was windy, cold and wet all the way back.

This is the tail that I flipped off of my shrimp cocktail at dinner that night. It landed in Lawrence's glass. He was sitting on the other side of Brad. I got aim!

We had one of these little cuties waiting for us every night after dinner.

Good morning Cozumel!

We took a ferry ride to Playa del Carmen (on the main land) at our last port in Cozumel. We visited an ecological park called XCarat. It was gorgeous. We snorkeled through a river with underground caves. At times it was so black you couldn't even snorkel, you'd just have to walk through it, but most of the tunnels had sky lights that let enough light in to see.

These are baby birds hatching in an incubator - in the middle of the gift shop! So cool....

This is what was waiting for us at the end of the river. We laid around in hammocks for a little while before changing out of our swim suits. We spent the rest of the time taking in the sights of the park.

You can't see it very well, but our boat in way off in the background......12 miles away.

This is a HUGE hammock next to the beach. It could probably fit 30 people in it easy.

This is one of the walk ways to the entrance of the underground river.

These are sea turtles and they're so big! Those aren't boulders on the river bottom....those are more turtles! They made the strangest sound when they came up for air.

There were iguanas roaming everywhere. You'd be walking down a path and hear the bushes rustling, then see an iguana come through them. It was so neat.

We watched some people swim with the dolphins in the park.

I got some pics of Brad holding some birds. I held some, too, but he didn't have time to take my picture before the guy took them from me.

We're almost home! This is the sunrise in Miami the morning we got back. We were so ready to go home even though we had a great time on the trip.

We ended our week with lunch at Bubba Gumps at the Bayside shopping mall next to the marina where our boat was docked.

We had a great time on our trip, even though the weather didn't cooperate nearly as well as it should have. It's always nice to get away and relax...it makes you appreciate your life that you get to go back to!
Now....Disneyland, here we come!!!! (In a couple weeks, but still!)
15 comments:
What an awesome trip! Looks like tons of fun. You still need to tell me how much I owe you girl!!
Looks like fun! I love your new haircut!
How fun! Gotta love a honey trip. Nothing makes you miss your kids more and then gives you a place to wish you were when they're driving you NUTS!!!
Fun trip! That looks like such fun! Glad you guys a wonderful time! I like your hair!
WOW!! Lucky guys!! Glad you had fun!! We were thinkin of goin to Belize next Feb, maybe not if the weather blows!!
How fun! We haven't been for several years...feeling a little jealous :) Agree with the new do! Very cute.
Hey I didn't know you chopped all your hair off!!! I love it!!!! I will email ya with my number. If you talk to Anissa at all tell her I lover her!!!!
So fun! One day I hope to convince my husband that he would not be sea sick the entire trip and he actually would enjoy a cruise. Thanks for the info you passed along!
Lucky Ducks!! Looks warm and restful. Why didn't you post the picture of you guys in the string bikini and speedo?
I'm just glad your back. Missed you in Primary. Loved the pictures!
How fun! I agree...Love your hair! You have to tell me what your favorite place was! I went to XCaret last year...I loved it! Glad you had fun!
I'm so jealous, both of the cruise and Disneyland!! I could really use a trip right about now. Looks like you guys had a great time together. I can't get over how blue the water is in your pictures!
Wow! Love the beach, am jealous, but not covetting!!! Love your hair, so brave!
Lucky! And don't tell me that you flew through Dallas and didn't even call. Have fun in Disneyland - you'll wish you were back on the boat.
LesLEE! You cut your hair off!!! It looks great! The cruise looked like a lot of fun:) One day when I'm ready to put on a swimsuit again I will finally let Marc book one:) lol
Post a Comment