After Trevor's t-ball game last night we decided to go to Cold Stone then walk around the temple. The kids thought it would be fun to roll down the grassy hill on the south side of the temple. It was hilarious, especially when they tried to get up and run back up the hill and were so dizzy. To my surprise Brad ran off towards them and flung himself down the hill! Well, what do you think I did?! Yep - I had to do it! Afterwards our arms and legs turned various shades of red - Trevor had welts all over his arms - but it was such a blast! After cold showers and hefty doses of Benadryl we all had a good laugh about it before crashing. It reminded me of a childhood memory.
When I was little my Dad would take me & my older sister to a LV Stars baseball game every once in a while, and sometimes we would go with the Winders (Kami, Gary & Becky). On our way into the game all of us kids would run to the top of the hill outside the stadium, before they fenced it off, and roll down it as fast as we could. My dad never once told us to stop or 'warned us' that we would be itchy during the whole game. I would even venture to say that he joined us at least once in our little adventure. He let us discover things on our own.
My favorite thing about being a parent is making these kinds of memories with my kids. I don't ever want my kids to think I'm an old stick in the mudd who never has fun unless she is nagging them. Maybe I'll be the first one to roll down the grassy hill next time...........
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Kids at heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This blog just hit home for me! The truth about dad..he is pretty awesomly perfect ( or close to )! And, the ol stick in the mud comment.. well, I need to learn a lesson about your fun night you had, and remind myself more often of how mom and dad were, letting us have fun, and not be all stick in the mudd-ee! Love you :)
i remember rolling down that same hill at the baseball games. i hate that they took out the grass!
i hope one day my kids will look at back and think we were fun parents too. :)
I remember the hill too. --Andrew
That sounds like fun.
Hey Leslie! It is your long lost neighbor Stephanie Iverson (now Davis:) I totally remember doing that with my dad too! Of course we could not do it on the way in to the game cause we had to get good seats, we would do it ion the way out when we left the game early to beat the traffic. I don't think we ever stayed for an entire event anywhere growing up. Rude :)
Those were good times, it hurt a lot less when I was a kid though!
Steph - I am still so sore! I am getting so old, but it was worth it! Les
Post a Comment