It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Resolution

I'm not big on resolutions, but there is one that I'd like to try & stick to this time around. 

I've let this blog go.  Almost as bad as I've let my body go.  So, I want to resolve to write a post on my blog at least weekly.  I'm not doing this for anyone except me.  I don't care if people read it or not, but I am determined to get back to it.  So, here goes.

This post will contain random beginning-of-2014 thoughts.  They are random, but they are mine.

  • I love Christmas - I miss the spirit of it being unmistakingly present
  • This past New Year's Eve was the first time in at least 10 years that Brad & I didn't spend it with friends.  We hung out with our kids - and we LOVED it.
  • I love eating pasole at the McAllisters house
  • I love that my son loves baseball & plays it every day in some way, shape or form
  • I love that my daughter loves volleyball & insists on hitting it up against my house, every day
  • I like working 1/2 days during Christmas break - again, to hang out with my kids
  • Brad has been a Bishop for 2 years
  • I'm so glad I work in Primary, otherwise I would be inactive, at least during the 2nd & 3rd hours of church
  • Zoë is taller than I am now
  • Trevor is not too far behind her
  • I am proud of my kids & their accomplishments, but I know they're not perfect
  • I've learned over the last year how to be a 'neutral' friend - it's extremely lonely, but there's no drama, so its perfect for me, and my family
  • My son will be a priesthood holder in 26 weeks & will pass the sacrament for the first time in 27 weeks
  • I'm looking forward to going to Antigua with Brad in a few weeks - it will be the first extended vacation we have ever been on alone.  Ever.  Including our honeymoon.
  • I am grateful for eternal families
  • I love Apple products.  I am 100% a Mac girl.
  • I am grateful for good healthcare
  • I am grateful for my job
  • I'm grateful for colonoscopies....this seems like a good place to stop.

2 comments:

GHFamily said...

Welcome back!

Chandra said...

Glad you're back! It was starting to get pretty lonely in the blogesphere. Just consider it writing your family history down for future generations- makes it more important.