It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, January 27, 2014

Accepting

First of all, I can't figure out how to post in normal font, so now I'm irritated. It doesn't help that I feel like crap right now & I am hungry. Not a good combination. Anyways - life right now is so beyond hectic, but I am loving it. It seems that whenever I turn around, my time is being demanded by someone - co-workers, my kids, people at church. To be needed is a great feeling, don't you agree? I hate offering help or my time & being rejected, even though I am the first one to reject any offerings made to me. But in all honesty, if I really needed something that was offered to me, I would accept. Maybe. Does anyone else have a problem accepting service & offers of help from their friends & family? I am asked quite frequently (I am guessing because I am the wife of a Bishop) of there is 'anything I need' or 'is there anything I can do for you'. How am I supposed to answer that? Does everyone who asks me that really want to know what I need? No - they don't, but that doesn't mean they don't care about me. And if they really, truly want to know, is it because they're curious or because they really want to help? And I that pessimistic? I guess I am. Just for the record, I only ask people if they 'need anything' or 'what I can do for them' rarely, but I only ask it because I really do care & I genuinely want to help. Curiosity takes up too much time and energy. Ain't nobody got time for that!

1 comments:

GHFamily said...

Genuine concern is always appreciated. I hate it when people "rubber neck" my trials in the name of service.