It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, January 2, 2012

Busy year so far...I have a feeling it's about to get worse!

This year is starting off pretty good!


We headed up to UT after church yesterday to see my parents & sisters. We went up for Kolbey's wedding on 12/17, so I guess this was our Christmas/New Year's trip.

A great time was had by all this weekend. We gathered at Mom & Dad's last night and scarfed down some yummy enchiladas, seven layer dip & home made salsa - yum! Then had some cinnamon roll cake & chocolate dipped treats for dessert - more yum! It was nice to hang out with the grown ups while the kids played together.

Today was so laid back & perfect - I hate to say it but it still feels like the calm before the storm... Anyways, we woke up late (for us) and enjoyed making breakfast with my parents. It was so calm & peaceful to just sit down, enjoy a meal and not be in a hurry to leave the table or clean it up. After saying our good byes we headed to a couple of antique stores. We found nothing but junk!

We were after a quilt rack, so we decided to swing by one last store on or way out, and low & behold we found just what we were looking for! I love it when that happens.

We headed home (after our gas station lunch in Mesquite) and took the kids out to a movie, We bought a Zoo, and dinner. They're now safely tucked in bed where I'll be in about an hour!

Back to life, back to reality!

Night all!

2 comments:

GHFamily said...

Hurray... you weren't too busy to blog!

Heidi said...

you're feeling was correct. --andrew