It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Change is good, right? It's time for me to make my last quarters resolution....

This has been the longest break I've ever taken from blogging. I needed it. Life has been crazy lately & this blog is the one thing that has suffered. So, my last quarters resolution of this year is to be a better blogger - every week hopefully. Just like I used to. Since Trevor's baptism we have had a lot happen in our lives. Call them changes, call them blessings - I call it craziness. All of it!


I don't think I've mentioned it, but Brad was released from our Bishopric as the 2nd Counselor on the afternoon of July 24th. It was really hard seeing how hard it was for him to have to let that go. I cried when President Dayley released him. I don't know if anyone else did, but I really cried. I just got really emotional. After dropping that bomb he called Brad to be his Stake Young Men's President. I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but Brad was ecstatic. He has big plans for the YM in our stake. If you know a YM in the Sunrise Stake, you tell him he is lucky to be in there right now! Brad loves the Young Men of the church & wants nothing but GREAT things for them!


I am enjoying my new callings, too. I now teach Zoë's class in Primary & I'm also the Activity Days leader for the 9-11 year olds. I love it! The girls are so much fun and I love them all so much. I hate to admit it, but I was relieved to be released from the Primary Presidency - at first. Then I took a major downward spiral. I felt so un-needed on so many different levels. I'm still struggling with it. When combined with all of the emotions of Brad's release & my baby getting baptized - well, let's just say that for the past couple of months I've been a complete emotional wreck, but only when I'm by myself! I'm still trying to work through it. I don't like being a grown up....moving on!


Trevor is LOVING Cub Scouts! He even loves the weeks when they sit around & talk about stuff the whole time instead of doing something physical. He has loved all of the leaders he's had so far & we are loving the progress he is making.


I've never played piano in Sacrament Meeting - well, I can't say that any more! The Young Women talked me into playing for them this past summer, and I have to admit that I'm glad they did. It came at a time when I really needed to feel needed. Thanks girls & leaders!


I enjoyed working part time off & on this Summer. I loved it & can't wait to do it again!


We went to the temple with Elder Chase Amos in August. It was so neat to see how happy he & his parents were together in the temple. I can't wait to go to the temple with my kids.


Signed Zoë up for volleyball & she is LOVING IT! It is the first sport she has ever played & she is really good at it. I love that she loves it. Her agressiveness is already starting to show - another bad trait she gets from her Mama! I'm just happy she has a little of her Dad's athleticism. Heaven knows I don't have any to spare.


Trevor is playing baseball with his cousins in the Vegas Valley Little League. He has improved so much - I am NOT looking forward to spring baseball though - too many reasons to list! But I'll still enjoy watching him play! I learned to keep score this season, too.


I'm going to post about Zoë's Father/Daughter activity seperately. I have great pics & video from that event.


Brad's little sister, Katie, and her husband Ammon moved to Atlanta this summer. We're not so happy with that, but we're happy with our latest 'thing' - Skype! Love it! We've already seen Lily crawl & try to walk! How fun!


That's been our summer! Coming up from us - Primary Program, the end of baseball & volleyball season, and Halloween! Trevor is going as John Cena & Zoë is going to be a hippie. Fun fun!

4 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

Change is hard, good or bad. I feel the same about all the craziness that has been happening. I even miss the funny looks Brad would sometimes give me from the stand. (I'm sure he was thinking, would you just take that freak kid outta here already)

Melissa said...

I miss you! I can't wait to see you guys next weekend:)

GHFamily said...

Change sucks! Hang in there.

Heidi said...

Yeah for blog updates!!!! I will post at least once a week if you do :)