It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, February 22, 2010

Disney World, How we love you!

Yes - I've been a bl0g slacker, but in my defense....who am I kidding? I got nothin'! We've been slacking like crazy around here, at least compared to the usual.

I was released from my calling last month, but I already have 2 more to take it's place. I'm an Activity Days leader & recently (yesterday) I was called as Assistant Girls Camp Director! I'm so excited! I LOVE GIRLS CAMP! I have my first meeting this Thursday and I can't wait.

The only thing we did (of great importance) in January was we took a trip to Disney World. We had a great time. The weather was great for the most part, and we did things that we haven't done the last couple of times we went. I would call it a success!

This is a view from our hotel room at the Polynesian Resort. That's the Grand Floridian in the back ground - the castle is off to the right. Those are our kids playing on the beach!
Trevor has been on some good size rides (Space, Big Thunder, Tower of Terror), but this was his very first REAL roller coaster ride. It was the Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM Studios. It shoots you off just like Screamin' at CA Adventure, but it has two loops & a cork screw...and it's inside! Talk about INSANE! You can tell he was a little scared, but the next time he went he was all smiles! Zoe & I are the crazy ones. Megan looks a little scared, too!
Zoe's stuck inside the Prospector's box.......
I don't know who is goofier in this picture - Goofy or my daughter!!!
Zane & T-Bone with Donald Duck. This Donald was in Mexico at Epcot.
I know Brad will be mad at me for putting this picture up, but its the only one I have & I didn't want to leave him out! Camille sent us a bunch of pics of our whole family, but I haven't saved them to our new computer yet. As soon as those are up I'll add them, until then...he can just be mad at me!
We had a great time on our trip. It made us want to go back to Disneyland. Soon enough - soon enough!!!

Oh - and I LOVE my new MAC! It is awesome and HUGE!!! It was so worth the wait!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

You will love the MAC....we have had ours for a couple years now and I love it! :)

Lenzi said...

The pic of you four sillies on the rollar coaster is the best! I LOVE Trevors face!!!! It reminds me of how I felt when dad would drag me crying onto rides :)

Heidi said...

SO FUN! We have never been to Disney World (our kids are still to young) but we LOVE Disneyland!! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

that coaster picture is hilarious! and Brad picture! awesome! glad you guys had fun!

Gary and Michelle said...

I'm so excited for your newest calling (Emma's excited too)!

Chandra said...

so fun! we have only been there once but i loved it. Jace's fav ride was Expedition Everest in animal kingdom- it was like 3 years ago and he still talks about it. Glad you had fun!!

Heidi said...

Looks like a blast - Trevor's facial expression in that photo is hilarious!!

Aren't Macs the best! I'm so glad I switched too.

Kim said...

Congrats on your new calling!! They are the same as mine!! Weird! I am camp direcor and the I have the 8-9 year old activity day girls!! It was a big change going from doing all boy things to having to think up girls stuff!! The roller coaster pic is awesome!!

GHFamily said...

It's official. I am jealous!
PS... Send me your email address please to lvwinder@cox.net.