It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Campbell's

We spent Thanksgiving with the Campbell's this year. Southern UT is beautiful this time of year and the weather was really nice. Even nicer? Almost all of us were there - we missed Ronnie & Sherry and their family and a couple of Ricky's kids, but everyone else made it. It was so nice. There was Grandpa & Grandma Campbell, Ricky & Robin (with 3 of their little kids), (Little) Ricky & Michelle, Jason, Robert & Tonya (with their 3 kiddos), Spencer & Shiree, Lisa & Shane (with their 4 kids), Brad & I (with Zoë & T-Bone) and Jeff & Lenzi (with JJ).

We spent the day jumping on the tramp, playing badmitton, eating & just hanging out together. I think hanging out was my most favorite part. I love my family and wish we could get together more often. I love them all so much. Thanks for a great day Campbell clan!
Grandpa Campbell did underground meat - YUM! There was pork, beef & ribs. It was all delicious and finger lickin'! Ricky & Brad helped dig out the cover to the pit.

Brad - posing with his 'catch'!

Time to sample! I love this picture - all of their mouths are full!
The 'grown-up' table - cute decorations are courtesy of Robin. Left to right - Spencer, Kailey, Jeff, Dad, Mom, Tonya, Robert, Michelle, Little Ricky, Jason, Brad, Robin, Ricky, Brad, Lenzi, Trevor & Trenton....how did they sneak into the picture?
The 'cool' table - Kolbey, Kailey, Macie, Shiree & Spencer. Shiree & Spencer got married this past Saturday, December 5th. Shiree made a beautiful bride and Spencer didn't look bad either! (Just kidding! You both looked great!)
I guess Trevor had fun. He slept almost all the way home - he fell asleep as we were driving into the gorge and he didn't wake up until Apex. He was very excited that he slept all the way home - the woke up and said, "We're already home? That was a quick trip!" No - that was a quiet trip!
We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving - we sure did!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at how huge your family is!! That is so neat that everyone comes together.

Heidi said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Jill said...

Looks like we had similar, everyone at the church, Thanksgivings :) The food looks great!

Steph said...

How fun! Your dad looks great! So cool you guys couls all get together :)

Jason Brandz said...

Oh man, that was a flippin' great day....great week.

GHFamily said...

Hey, How do I get a ticket to attend next year's Thanksgiving with the Campbells?

Lenzi said...

We loved thanksgiving with the Campbells too :) It was way fun, and I was sad that it all had to end and everyone had to go their seperate ways!

Jut and Char said...

Well Hello! Looks like that was a lot of fun. I've always wanted to cook something underground, besides the basement apartment I lived in during college. by the way, do yo ustill live on Halehaven? It's christmas card time.