It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, March 21, 2008

Disney World


Our family went to Disney World in February & we had a great time.
Here are some of our favorite pictures from the trip!


This is the beach at our resort. It is right outside of the building where our room was. (We stayed at the Polynesian Resort which is across a 'lake' from the Magic Kingdom.) The main pool was having some renovations done, so when we weren't in the smaller pool or playing at one of the parks we were relaxing on this beach. I took this picture while I was laying in a hammock. Brad is just out of sight (off to my right) in his own hammock. It was torture I tell you - torture!


Trevor & Zoë on Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride



This is a gorilla that we saw at the Animal Kingdom. There were two other gorillas in the encosure with him who as well. We saw this guy a little while after I took this picture. We were crossing a bridge out of the gorilla enclosure and he was beating his chest and making really abnoxious sounds. The beating on his chest was so loud and a little scary, but the kids got a kick out of it.






We traveled around Disney World in buses, on the monorails and by boat. The boat that took us to the Magic Kingdom was our very favorite! The only two stops it made was at our resort and at the Grand Floridian resort, so the trips were pretty short. This picture was taken on Thursday morning, our first full day in Florida.






This picture was taken on the people mover that is in Tomorrow Land at the Magic Kingdom. It takes you through the Buzz Lightyear Ride, Space Mountain and a few other places. It was one of our favorite things to do since it was a nice way to cool off when it got a little too warm outside! The lights were on inside Space Mountain on one of our trips so we got to see what the tracks really looked like. It was pretty neat - we even saw people riding an elevator up to the top of the ride to see what was wrong with it. (It had broken down - needless to say, we didn't visit Space Mountain after that.)

1 comments:

Leah and Dustin said...

I keep telling Zoe and Trevor to stash me in one of their suitcases so I can come too but it hasn't happened yet! Oh well maybe next time!?!
I love that you guys have those traditions...so fun!!!