It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, October 22, 2009

17 years & counting

17 years....half of my life....half of Brad's life....

17 years ago today was the beginning of our journey together in this life.....the day we began 'dating'....do kids even do that anymore?

After today we will have spent more time together in this life than alone. I can't express how that makes me feel - words don't often fail me. (Stop laughing.) I can't imagine ever being without Brad in this life time. Just thinking of that makes me sick inside.

I have comfort knowing that we will always be together, for time and all eternity. It calms me to know that my kids are bound to us as well.

Poor guy - he should have run while he had the chance!

7 comments:

Jill said...

:)
This year is half my life too.

the Dover Family said...

That really is cool, isn't it? You guys are awesome and we truly love your family. Isn't it fun to look back at your journey thus far? Just think of what neat things lie ahead. :)

Gary and Michelle said...

And to think I have had the pleasure of knowing you both for this entire time. Happy Anniversary!(in a way)

GHFamily said...

Just wait til you cross that line when you realize you've been married longer than you've been single...

Heidi said...

Very cool. I just remember you guys making out in the Samurai after seminary. JUST KIDDING! CONGRATS! YOU ARE TWO OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE. --Andrew

Kris Reber said...

Congratulations. It was fun to share our Halloween party with your ward. I felt really old when Brad told me he was 34. It seems like just yesterday that he was a cute baby. Our families sure had some great times together. Oh, and by the way,Go Yankees!

Melissa said...

Wow this bring back memories! Clearly you two were MFEO! Here's to many more years together.