It's not enough to do one's best. One must do what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tis the season!

Tis the baseball season that is! T-Bone is in the midst of Winter ball! His season started the same week of school, but we have been beyond busy so I haven't blogged about it until now.

Trevor's team is the Lancing Lugnuts. They're undefeated so far. Trevor started out the season with a bang - he hit a cycle (single, double, triple & a home run) in his very first game and got the first game ball of the season. His position is first base - we call him little Tex since he's #25 just like Mark Texiera. Trev is such a talented little boy and we love going out to watch him play - 6 hours per week, 3 games per week. We've already racked up over 20 hours at the baseball fields this season. Good times!





Brad has wanted a flag pole in the front yard forever. Don't ask me why I've been hesitant about it - it turned out so good. He put a spotlight on it so it is beautiful at night. I wish we would have had it done prior to 9-11.

Zoë got really emotional on 9-11. She asked me what kind of people died that day and I was honest with her. I told her we lost Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and friends. We didn't know any of the people who died personally, but I told her that didn't matter. We cried together. She was a little upset that I didn't let her watch the special that was done a couple of weeks after it happened (the one that Robert Dinero hosted), but I told her that we would watch it together in a couple of years. I remember some of the details from that special and it makes me sick to remember how desperate some of the people were to get out of that building. I'm crying again as I type this. Tears are rolling down my cheeks - I can't imagine living through that.


Watch this You Tube video posted on LDS.org. You'll cry right along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWc_EKLs4E&feature=player_embedded

Anyhow, back to the here & now. This is what else we've been up to:

* Brad is busy coaching baseball with Greg, Adam & Dave (3 games per week!) He is also playing in a coed softball league with Leslie, Greg, Heather, Melissa, Tony, Adam, Lisa, Ray, Sarah, Brooke, Kathy & Wayne. He is busy planning a Priests & Laurels trip to Salt Lake City which will happen sometime in late October. He is very excited about it - he did it a few years ago when he was the YM President, but it was only for the Priests. He is still serving in our Bishopric and loves serving the youth in the ward. Brad renovated our shed this past summer - it's now an art studio/craft room and we all LOVE it.

* I am busy with work & still keeping busy as a member of the Primary Presidency. Cubs keeps me on my toes and the Primary Program still isn't written - oh well! It will come along soon enough. The softball games Brad & I play are on Friday nights and are double headers. It can be a little tough at times, but it's always fun. I started going to the gym regularly and I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I also started taking Zumba classes with Heather & Melissa - talk about a butt kicker! Besides that I've been helping out more on the PTA (I'm on the board this year) and spending a lot more time up at the school. When I'm not doing that I'm either being a homework nazi, chef, laundry maiden, personal secretary or taxi cab driver. I have absolutely no complaints!

* Zoë is staying plenty busy - piano on Tuesdays, dance on Wednesdays, Activity Days every other Wednesday & Drama Club on Thursday. She wanted to play softball this fall, but when would she do that? When she's not busy with her stuff she is supporting Trevor on the diamond. Zoë loves the 4th grade and has decided to run for Student Council in a couple of weeks. She already wrote her speech and has been practicing it regularly. Some of Zoë's favorite things (currently) are: Taylor Swift, exercising, spending time in the art studio, reading, You Tube (thanks Lisa!), cooking and babysitting (which is her going next door and reading books to the little kids so Karla can help the big kids with homework).

* Trevor has been playing baseball, what else?! He loves 2nd grade and really likes his teacher. He is a die hard Yankee fan and records every single game - it's taken over the DVR. He still doesn't like homework, but he's ok with doing it as long as Brad and I each help him with a part of it. I think he gets bored with me when I help him with all of it - that and I'm just not as much fun as Dad is. He's getting better and better at reading every day. Some of Trevor's current likes are: playing outside rough and tumble games with big boys, eye black, food, food, FOOD, playing catch with himself ALL THE TIME, pitching against the couch (or over the couch - next time you come to my house check out the wall behind the couch....he missed once), playing catch outside with anyone who will play with him, and did I mention food?

Wow - sorry, this ended up being long, but it's been forever since I posted. I had to get it all down for my yearly publication!

2 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

Is it just me or does life seem busier this year? I can't decide if I love it or hate it!

Heidi said...

I'm with Michelle, life is definitely busier. What's the deal with that anyway?
And I love the flagpole, but I'm more impressed with how clean your garage is!!